Leaking in Oregon

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Hike

Leaking in Oregon

Post by Hike »

I purchased an Easy Curtain a couple of weeks ago and I really like it so I thought I would take down the cab curtains since I don't plan on using them anymore. Unfortunately when I took down the curtain on the passenger side, I found water discoloration on the wall fabric just under the bed platform and in front of the roll bar there. I had a leak a couple of years ago that I noticed on the dinette and on the floor by the door. The leak seemed to quit but I had Born Free check it out the next time I went there. They said they found a problem with a window and fixed it.

I am not sure if this discoloration is from that leak or not. The wall feels dry up there but I continued to check down the wall and found the floor to be wet if I pushed a paper towel down where the wall meets the floor. I went up on the roof this afternoon (had a couple hours of sun!) :D and put caulk in a few places that looked questionable. There was also a place down at the floor level where the caulk had seperated from the RV which I repaired (I hope).

I am going to try using SPOT SHOT recommended by George Boley in another post to get rid of the stain in the wall fabric. I am not sure what to do next though. Do I need to pull up the carpet on the floor? The carpet does not seem to be wet, just at the junction of the wall and floor if I push down hard. The carpet is down tight and I hate to rip it up and damage it if I don't need to. Also, any way I can tell for sure where the leak is coming from and that I have it stopped?

I am in Oregon so can't go to Born Free to get it fixed. It will probably be raining here until July so I need to make sure I get the leak stopped! :lol: I live in my RV so it is kept warm and dry inside all the time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”