Generator runs, but no electricity?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mi99amigo

Generator runs, but no electricity?

Post by mi99amigo »

Ok, feeling stupid about this. I started up the generator today to make sure it works ok. It started right up and fridge and the micro works. I switched on the AC. After a bit of normal delay I heard the AC kick on. Almost immediately, I heard a click in the area of the fuse panel/converter and no 110V electricity anywhere. The generator kept on running. I have checked all the circuit breakers by the converter. No fix. I can plug it into shore power and everything works fine. There must be some sort of circuit breaker somewhere else that connects the generator to the 110V system, right? What else am I missing. This is a 2005 26RSB

HELP! I am delivering it to the new owners next week.

Chris.
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

Go to Search, type in Generac Generator Problem and read all about it. I had the same problem along with a number of other Born Free owners which you will read about on the above post, got the new electronic transfer switch or whatever they call it from the converter mfg., installed it and all is well.
mi99amigo

Still no juice

Post by mi99amigo »

dsfriday,

My 26RSB is a 2005, not the newer ones that much discussions were posted about mechanical vs electronic switches. Plus, the electricity from the generator never came back on, even though it runs.

Funny thing is, we almost never use the generator nor the AC...:O(
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I'm not sure, but I think there is a fuse or circuit breaker on the generator also.
tomdclark

Post by tomdclark »

My 2005 RB with a Generac has a 30 amp breaker behind a small panel on the generator. Hope this helps.
bbwolf

Generator

Post by bbwolf »

mi99amigo, can you post the make and model of your generator? Some of us may be able to research some options for you to try.
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
lafons

Post by lafons »

There is a switch/breaker under the sink on some models that is a reset and the red button on it needs to be reset. This was covered on another post with a picture of the reset. It is sometimes located in another spot discussed in that post but I don't remember where. Mine did this and it was under the sink...everything else was OK and then someone pointed this out.
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
John S.

Post by John S. »

I had the same problem with my 06 and 07 and the transfer switch replacement solved it. I would call bornfree and ask on monday. If you want to test it you can take the input line off the generator and put a female adapter on it and then plug in your shore power cord. That will bypass the transfer switch altogether. IF it does not switch off then you have the same problem we all had earlier. They put an 18 amp switch in and it was not big enough.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Bill Hemme, i hope my computer doesn't double post this and if it does, I apologize. It is not operator error. We have a 2004 RSB with a Generac and had the same problem. It was traced to a relay switch in the generator compartment that had somehow been switched to off. Generator ran, but did not power. No repair needed. Hope this helps.
Judy
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”