Converter/Charger replacement

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

BornFree_n_Now

Plan "B" Voltage Booster with Surge Protection, et

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

bbwolf wrote:Steve, will do sir. Still continuing my education on this, but so far, the one from Camping World is the closest. They make the same model as a portable and permanent installation. I still don't think I'm done yet seperating fact from fiction though.....
We permanently installed a Super Automatic 30 Amp Voltage Booster from http://voltagebooster.com/

See previous discussion:

http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... ight=#2343

Has worked great for us, and seems to cover many of the issues which have been raised, and then some.
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
bbwolf

Post by bbwolf »

BornFree_n_Now, thanks for this post and the reference to the product you chose!
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

bbwolf wrote:BornFree_n_Now, thanks for this post and the reference to the product you chose!
Your welcome and the best of success with whichever option you avail yourself of ~~ We are just finishing a 2500 mile 1 month plus trip and have been especially glad we had the booster in two different camping settings ~~ Happy Trails :>) One other idea which you may consider is to purchase a 50A to 30A converter pigtail ~~ always nice to be able to hook up to the higher rated service when there is no additional charge, and/or, it is the only service available at the spot you find yourself at. In the same vein, having a 15A/20A to 30A pigtail in your arsenal will help at the in-laws, and as an emergency hookup wherever :>)
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
bbwolf

Post by bbwolf »

BornFree_n_Now, great advice. I have the 15/20 amp to 30 amp convertor, but I had not thought about the 50 amp to 30 amp. I'll definitely get that in my tool kit now.

Thanks again.
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”