Bose Wave Music System

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

DBrown

Bose Wave Music System

Post by DBrown »

Hi , We just bought a used Born Free that came equipped with a Bose system. Should there be a remote, can't find it. No controls on the front of the Bose. Thanks, Danny and Linda
whemme

Post by whemme »

Danny and Linda,

First, if the Bose system was installed at the Born Free factory as an option before being delivered to its original owner, then the Bose System owner's manual should be in the large 3-ring binder containing all accessory manuals that the factory provides with each unit sold. Look in that binder first. If you don't have it, go back the previous owner to retrieve it - you need to have that manual in your possession.

The Bose manual within that binder should indicate if a remote was part of the system.

Second, if not installed by the Born Free factory originally, then you need to have a talk with the previous owner about the missing remote and the Bose owner's manual.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I have a Bose radio/CD player that I use in my home. It came with a remote control....If I ever lose that...my very expensive radio will become unuseable....and a new remote will have to be bought...(if they still make them) Wish I'd known that before I put out all those $$$$. IMHO this radio/cd player is definitely not worth the money nor is the sound all that better than any ordinary boom box....

However the Bose speakers that I have in my home connected to my TV Entertainment center are really terrific...

Personal advice...get the remote from previous owner, then contact Bose & get a back up....just in case.... :wink:
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

UPDATED: Much cheaper directly from the Bose website. See subsequent post below by original poster.

You can get one following this link for $20 used. New, they run about $30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSE-WAVE-MUSIC-SYS ... 27b83ebcfe

Bill
Attachments
Bose Remote Control.JPG
Bose Remote Control.JPG (27.09 KiB) Viewed 5917 times
Last edited by bcope01 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
DBrown

Bose system

Post by DBrown »

Thanks for all the replies back. We ordered a remote from the Bose web site.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”