drain valve leaking

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

David and Susan Bratt

drain valve leaking

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We have a very slow leak from one of the drain valves by the hot water heater. It is dripping out under the vehicle so it is not causing any problem other than losing maybe a quart of water a day. We have tightened it as much as we dare. There doesn't appear to be any way to shut off water to the valves there so we don't want to break the whole thing off and shut down our plumbing. Any suggestons?
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
lassen

Post by lassen »

David.....I've always had the same problem with one of mine near the water heater. If I turn the valve to the maximum closed position, I get a slow drip. By backing off the valve a tad toward the open position, the leak stops so thats where its left. Six yrs. now.

Jack.....
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

It is the drain valve on the floor not the inline valves. We hardy ever use the hot water and had noticed drips under the coach before but always thought it was condensation from the exhaust pipe just inches away. This, at least, explains our water pump running at odd moments. We tried backing off on the valve and it just runs out more.
Is there a shut off on that line somewhere? How would we disassemble it without water running all over that compartment? Also, we are in England at the moment and finding the right replacment valve or O ring might be part of the adventure. Thanks, everyone Sue
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
oliverpsmile

Post by oliverpsmile »

Auto parts stores carry replacements. I opted to replace the valve with a plug. It is needed once a year only if at all.
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”