Audiovox TV

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

wtfwit8

Audiovox TV

Post by wtfwit8 »

One day while driving the antenna cable came loose from the TV. After replacing it & the power cable, we have been unable to get power to the TV & DVD player. The TV hangs from a door in the front part of the cab.
I've checked all the fuses & all are OK as are the remote batteries.

I sent an e-mail to Audiovox and they say the model number I sent them is not valid. I've found 2 numbers on the rear of the TV, the serial number and an unidentified number that I assumed was the model number.

Any ideas on how to get power to the TV?
Any ideas on where the TV model number might be located?

Thanks!!!

Tom Kulp
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hi Tom....

I'd like to help but your account is lacking in details.

Did the antenna connector unscrew or was the cable pulled out of the connector?

Why was the power cable replaced?

Is it an AC or DC power cable?

Where and how does the power cable connect to the RV?

What power source does the DVD player use?

How is it connected to the source?

Regards, Roger
1999 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

Tom,

Yes, please give us additional details so that someone can at least attempt to help you.

If your Audiovox TV is DC powered here is one possibility. Down in the Technical Library area on this website is a topic that I posted sometime ago titled TV Wall Plate Power Connector Failure! If your coach has that same Braund type TV wall plate, that could be the reason you have lost power to your TV even though you have replaced the power cable with new.

Click on this direct link to that posted topic: http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... php?t=1080

If you have that type of TV wall plate, replace it with the recommend Winegard brand replacement.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
wtfwit8

Audiovox TV

Post by wtfwit8 »

Sorry I haven't responded to your questions until now. We were gone for a long Memorial holiday break.

You'll see from some of my answers to your questions that I'm not very knowlegable about electrical matters, but here goes.
I have a 2007 24 RB with the entertainment option.

The antenna connector appeared to unscrew. The cable was re-attached because it was hanging loose also. I'm not sure if this cable is a power cable or not. It attaches into the plug hole on the right (as you look at the TV) bottom of the TV. I did not replace eitherthe power cable ot the antenna cable with new, I just reattached them because they were hanging loose from the TV. The wall plate is not a Braund type wall plate.

(As I'm writing this I'm becoming suspicious that some grandchildren fingers may be involved). The TV & DVD worked when connected to shore power. They also worked with the generator supplying the power.
The DVD also worked while we were driving.

I hope this supplies you with the additional information you asked for.

Thanks for your assistance.

Tom Kulp
whemme

Post by whemme »

Tom,

You still have not told us if the TV is DC powered or AC powered. But I am guessing it must be AC powered since you said it worked only when the coach was plugged into shoreline power or when the gererator was running.

Also, your statement 'It attaches into the plug hole on the right (as you look at the TV) bottom of the TV.' does not help us much since we don't know what the rear of your TV looks like.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”