New Carpet

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

sjpotter

New Carpet

Post by sjpotter »

Hi..I am the third owner of a 2005 26' RB. One of the previous owners installed a carpet/rug, custom cut, padded, and backed with a type of padding that won't slip when laying on the hardwood floor. All in all a good piece of gear. I called BF thinking it was an option and I could order another since this one is worn out. They said "no" that must have been owner installed. Any ideas were I can get another, I know I will have to custom cut it to fit but the old rug provides me with a nice template?

Thanks.
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

We have something similar in our home kitchen, but I'll be darned if I can remember what it was called! It has an integrated foam padding that makes it nice to walk on and won't slip. We actually did use a spare piece in the BF for a while, but it kept attracting dog hair (refer to my avatar - we now have 3 of these long-haired beasties), so took it out.

We had to go to several local carpet stores to find it. They had a problem understanding what it was until we actually brought in a sample. Oh, THAT'S what you want. We had to go to 2 or 3 stores before we found one that carried it. Seeing as you live in a major metro area, I think you should be able to find it. Don't bother with the "fahncy" carpet stores. Go to a nice working class type carpet store, or maybe even Home Depot.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
sjpotter

Post by sjpotter »

Roger that, will be on the look out. However, no luck at the Home Depot, tried them first.
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

Bought a rubber backed runner for our 2008 BFT from RTW Corporation, 574-294-3275, Elkhart, In. 46514. Sent them a piece of the orginal carpet, think Kim at Born Free supplied that and they sent back the complete runner, rubber backed, matched orginal carpet to a T, for only $12. Their website is www.rtwcorp.com. Possibly the could supply a complete carpet.
sjpotter

Post by sjpotter »

thanks for that
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

dsfriday, could you please provide a photo of your runner? Does it cover the area between the twin beds and also the kitchen/closet area?

Thanks, Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

Only between the twin beds, because thats all we wanted, but, I bet they would be willing to run it out the back door if that is what you want.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”