Some Comments About Including Owner's Manuals Here

This forum contains an index of all the manuals, sales literature, and RV industry articles in the Leap'n Lions library.
whemme

Some Comments About Including Owner's Manuals Here

Post by whemme »

I received the following message from Kim Olson at the Born Free factory:

Below are some facts you may interject to the website if you wish about owners manuals.

It is a fact Born Free did not keep a file of past owners manuals until 2006 when the manuals were redesigned in a new format and saved on a computer file.

When a request for an older manual is made Born Free's only option is to copy a manual from a used coach that is in their used vehicle inventory.

Born Frees archives are growing for future owners to acquire past manuals if they purchase a used coach and the manual is not present in the coach they receive.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Thanks, Bill. I guess someone would have to have access to all of the brochures through the years to compile a chronology of the various model changes.
al1florida

Re: Owners Manuals for Older Born Free Motorcoaches

Post by al1florida »

whemme wrote:I received the following message from Kim Olson at the Born Free factory:

Below are some facts you may interject to the website if you wish about owners manuals.

It is a fact Born Free did not keep a file of past owners manuals until 2006 when the manuals were redesigned in a new format and saved on a computer file.

When a request for an older manual is made Born Free's only option is to copy a manual from a used coach that is in their used vehicle inventory.

Born Frees archives are growing for future owners to acquire past manuals if they purchase a used coach and the manual is not present in the coach they receive.
Bill,
Did Kim offer any facts about older model year brochures?

I would think that having older model year brochures available would be a marketing tool. Being able to see what is available in used BF's may lead someone to buy used, and then in the future they may buy a new BF. The more people know about BF's the more they tell their friends and the bigger the market becomes.
whemme

Post by whemme »

No, I don't believe they don't have brochures for older models. That is why this particular category was set up on this website to encourage Born Free owners that have any older coach brochures to scan them and post them here. I have posted copies of the 2000 and 2008 model year brochures that I happened to have.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
truenorth

Re: Owners Manuals for Older Born Free Motorcoaches

Post by truenorth »

Thank you. I also hope some older model owners will post their manuals here online. I'm looking for the 1989 Born Free President 24' manual myself. Happy searching in the meantime!

Return to “Index of Manuals and Sales Brochures”