Vacuum cleaner recommendation?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Sylvia and Bob

Vacuum cleaner recommendation?

Post by Sylvia and Bob »

We plan to travel for four months and want to keep our carpet clean. Will a small hand held Dust Buster or Dirt Devil do the job or should we consider buying a small vacuum cleaner? If you recommend a vacuum cleaner, do you have one you would suggest?
Sylvia and Bob
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Having had several hand-held vacuums as well as a central vacuum system in our Foretravel, I would have to say that I have never found a hand held vacuum that does a good job ever since my old Royal that I had many years ago. It was metal with a real bag on it and really sucked. :) Most of the ones I've bought are junk.

If you have cabinet space for a central vac with extendable hose, I highly recommend it. I use a Dirt Devil Accu-Charge battery plastic hand-held vacuum but I use my house vacuum to really get the carpets clean.
jlef123

Post by jlef123 »

We used to use a stick vacuum cleaner with attachments but it took up too much room in our closet. We found an Oreck XL canister vacuum which is a hand held cleaner that you plug into a 110 outlet. It is small lightweight and has a strong vacuum. They were most often packaged as an extra with one of the high end Oreck Vacuums. I did not see this model listed on the Oreck website but it is easy to find on E-Bay, Most are slightly used. This machine is rectangular shaped about 12 X 8 X 4 inches and takes up little space in the closet. We put the attachments in a bag and hang them from a hanger in the closet. The newer versions on the Oreck website are more rounded and I'm not sure of their size but I would expect them to work as well as the XL.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Maybe this would be the perfect model: http://www.oreck.com/Ultimate-Handheld-Vacuum-Cleaner Or even this one: http://www.oreck.com/Oreck-Little-Helper-Vacuum

We used Oreck vacuum cleaners at a church I attended and they are excellent.
dsfriday

Post by dsfriday »

Check this out, www.metrovacworld.com. We use a Dirt Devil, wife doesn't complain, but if it goes, thought about looking into above. Don't know anything about them, keep seeing them advertised in the Men's Heath magazine and the speal sounds good.
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Still have my old Royal...They sure don't make them like that anymore. Small, compact, lots of power...love it!
frederickdixon

Post by frederickdixon »

sweepers are another great product. Just like indoor floors, outdoor surfaces are prone to dirt, litter, grime, and other trash. Whether for parking lots, roads, stadiums, playgrounds, or other paved areas, Sweeperland has several street sweeper models and sizes to choose from.
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

Just remember That if you buy Orek you aren't paying for quality, but paying for a million dollars (+/-) worth of promotion.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”