Wash job

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bill crommett

Wash job

Post by bill crommett »

I don't particularly enjoy washing my unit, but there are certain ethical standards tha keep me from sitting at the TV on a Saturday afternoon. The big problem is the area over the chasis doors and under the overhang.
What do you neatnics use to get at the road grime up there ?
All sugestions will be considered, even from non-neatnics,
Bill
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I use a floormop. it's the oldfashioned kind (round) except it has chamois instead of ropelike things. It has a scrubber on it. It is a hard part to get. For me, the roof is worse, because of my irrational fear of heights.

:P)

Happy washing.
bill crommett

wash job

Post by bill crommett »

Thanks for the tip. The fear of hights is no problem for me, because dirty is abetter alternative. Besides, if it is high enough it can't be seen well.
whemme

Climbtek CT416 Scaffold

Post by whemme »

Check out my Oct 22, 2005 post on this forum at this link: http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... affold#392

This neat articulating ladder/scaffold will solve your problems trying to reach the hard to get at areas of your Born Free.

For those that want additional information about this product and how I use it including photos, click on this website link: http://home.earthlink.net/~whemme/climb ... rscaffold/

If you think this easy-to-use scaffold is not strong enough for a heavy person, it works for me and I weigh (sorry to say) 300 lbs.
Last edited by whemme on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Steve W

Wash Job

Post by Steve W »

Owning a BFT and being 6'2" helps tremendously, but that may be of little practical use for you. When we owned a travel trailer, I purchased an expandable soft bristle brush with a hose connection on the end. Sold the trailer, kept the brush. It works great on the BFT for that section over the cab and for the roof. Such brushes can be found almost anywhere RV products are sold. :)
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

Thanks for the good advise, Bill. I do not climb any more - my sense of balance is lousy and if I don't have a hand hold for a reference point I am lost.

Steve: Does this brush have a rotating head run by water pressure ?
Steve W

washing brush

Post by Steve W »

The one I have has a rectangular head that does not rotate. The only name on it that I can find is "adjust-a-brush". The bristles are fairly long and soft and does a good job. Anyway, I can't see any dirt when I am done, but then maybe I am not looking too hard. I'm just happy to be finished.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”