Shower drain

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Shower drain

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I've just taken my BF out of storage & on the road for the first time in months. Everything is working well (love this rv) however, the shower is not draining well & takes a while to drain completely. Anyone have any suggestions how to clear or fix this? Don't want to use harsh chemicals & I always wipe it down & keep it clean...don't store anything in there....so I'm not sure why it's sort of clogged.....???? All thoughts accepted...... :-)
ewagman

Post by ewagman »

I'd try to get a toilet plunger over the drain opening and see if you can force the blockage into the waste tank.
Ed & Beth
2003 Born Free 26' RSB: SOLD March 2016
replace by a house near the beach
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

You could try placing a water hose over the drain opening and forcing water under pressure through the trap. Or if you have or have access to an air tank force air into the drain. Most blockage in water drains are accumulations of soap residue and dirt (assuming you use soap when you shower and are dirty :lol: ).
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

thanks Dallas.....Does anyone shower without using soap?????? Am I missing something :wink: Anyhow don't have a plunger or anything to force water into the drain....will have to wait till I get home...will try the plunger then....... :roll:
Silverhair

Post by Silverhair »

Charlotte,

The shower drain has a removable stainless steel protector installed over the drain. This is the 2 inch plate with ¼ inch holes. This can be popped loose with a screwdriver. I bet you will find a ball of hair that can be removed with a pair of tweezers. I have had this problem many times in the past.
Jack and Katy Maxcy
2001 26RSB
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

You know I looked at that drain & common sense told me it should come off for cleaning but I was afraid to force it.....well, I forced it, bent it a little but got it off....Found an awful lot of what appears to be hard water build up...so scraped & used tweezers etc., and removed what I could....so obviously it'll drain better now. Thanks for your post. I really appreciate your advice....sometimes the obvious isn't obvious ..... :roll:

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”