Propane Detector False Alarms

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mike Jean Bandfield

Propane Detector False Alarms

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

In case your propane detector is giving false alarms you might consider more vermouth and less gin. :P

Seriously, my martinis set off the propane detector. This might explain others' alarm problems. Just an observation I thought I'd share.

Mike
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Mike:

You might want to consider drinking your martinis sitting up, rather than lying on the floor. :wink:

Bill
Last edited by bcope01 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

If one has to excite the propane detector for any reason, I think you have the best recreational excuse. (Less Vermouth !)
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Mike:

I heard that you can desensitize the propane detector by bombarding it with vapors from three or more martinis.

Might be worth a test, and .................................. retest. :D

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

Well I thought I had one of those overly sensitive propane detectors too. On hot and humid days, it would go off. I obtained a replacement from Kim at BF, but the new one went off too. I cannot smell any propane and my hand held propane dectector never went off. Then a couple of weeks ago....I was doing a final test on the system. I turned on the propane and ran the furance for a few hours and closed up the rig tight. Every day, I'd walk by and listen. After TWO WEEKS, the alarm goes off. I opened the coach door and guess what I smelled - PROPANE!

I am taking it to the shop this Friday...
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Chris:

Your sure Mike wasn't holed up in there having a taste? :wink:

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

No, I think you should try a different brand of gin. None of that moonshine stuff!

Trish

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”