24RB Dry Weight

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mockturtle

24RB Dry Weight

Post by mockturtle »

I'm having trouble finding the approximate unloaded weight of the 24RB model. Anyone have this information?
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Thanks, Sam! So 14,500 minus 12,225 is 2275 so that isn't bad for carrying capacity. I was wondering if I get one with the 4X4 option then I'll have to deduct another 500#, approximately, leaving 1775 for water & cargo. I guess my towing capacity will also be somewhat diminished, though.

I'm assuming you have the same options [at the time of mfr] that I have: generator, A/C, awning.
whemme

Post by whemme »

mockturtle,

You did not state which Ford chassis your 24RB is built on. Earlier versions of the 24RB were built on both the E350 chassis and the E450 chassis which of course weighs more.

The gross weight rating for the E350 chassis is 12,500 lbs whereas the rating for the E450 chassis is either 14,050 lbs for earlier production or 14,500 lbs for later production chassis.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Bill, mine's on the E450 chassis. I knew that the GVWR was 14500 but never could find out the UVW.
Trix

Post by Trix »

I have a 2007 24' RB. Front of my title indicates the dry weight as 11309. This 07 chassis is the E450, rated at 14050. The new E450 is rated at 14500, beefed up in the front to accommodate the heavier diesel engine. At least that is my understanding.
Trix
tent camper
pop-up camper
learning RV'g in my 2007 24' RB
2011 Subaru Forester toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I'm primarily concerned about the new 24RB because I want to order one on a 4x4 chassis. It looks like maybe the newer models are a bit lighter than the older ones. I have emailed the company but haven't had an answer. I did receive some more brochures but I can't find the UVW in them. Obviously, I don't want to eat up half of my cargo carrying capacity with the 4WD option.
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

mockturtle wrote:I'm primarily concerned about the new 24RB because I want to order one on a 4x4 chassis. It looks like maybe the newer models are a bit lighter than the older ones. I have emailed the company but haven't had an answer. I did receive some more brochures but I can't find the UVW in them. Obviously, I don't want to eat up half of my cargo carrying capacity with the 4WD option.
This may be only moderately helpful but it does suggest that the 2008 and later 24RB may be lighter. Our unit wet, loaded for camping and including us is 3500# front axle and 9000# rear axle. Mattress in front removed, ladder not present. Spare tire and wheel above in front. 3 solar cells front. About 250# batteries in front of left rear wheel. No generator. HWH jacks.
Two window awnings but no big awning.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

That's what I'm planning to order, too. I love window awnings but never use my big awning. Were you able to substitute straight across, price-wise?
Rich Flaugh

Post by Rich Flaugh »

mockturtle:
I weighed my 2012 24' RB basically empty and "fully" loaded and posted the results on this forum on 4/26/2012. You might want to do a search for that post.
Rich Flaugh
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Thanks, Rich. I'll do that!
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

mockturtle wrote:
That's what I'm planning to order, too. I love window awnings but never use my big awning. Were you able to substitute straight across, price-wise?
Ordering, specing, and pricing was complicated. No charge for a big awning as option. $715 for window awnings on both sides. I believe since 2011 BF have made a lot of former options standard.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”