Whatcha doin' for Labor Day weekend? Can be non camping.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dude

Whatcha doin' for Labor Day weekend? Can be non camping.

Post by Dude »

I'm going to my Father-in-Laws in Altoona PA Fri, Sat, and Sun night. It is a "Labor from the kids weekend". All of his kids and his wifes kids are supposed to show up and paint his house. I'm bringing the RV so we have a place to stay since my SIL and her husband will be taking the extra sleeping area in the house. The other 4 kids and spouses/GF's live in the area. My FIL lives in a very rural wooded area so it will be just like camping.

On Monday morning DW, DS, and I are then heading to Raystown Lake Resort Campground for Mon and Tue night. It looks awesome!! I am so looking forward to camping during the week with an empty campground. There is some sort of sightseeing river boat cruise on Monday, mini-golf, swimming in the lake, and just general camping.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Picking up TYSON :D but keeping a close on what looks like the first hurricane of the season that just came off Africa with a vengeance. Not gonna camp on the water in a hurricane :shock:
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
The Libals

Post by The Libals »

We are heading out to camp on the Metolius River at Camp Sherman and then over to Prineville to my uncle's house so we can go scouting the Maury Unit for my Bull tag. Should be a fantastic 5 days or so!
Dude

Post by Dude »

Yes, camping in a hurricane would NOT be fun. I don't think it was a hurricane but I did spend a night in a popup trailer in a really really bad storm at a carshow/fleamarket. The next morning had some serious carnage. Steel flea market tents wrapped around class A's, debris everywhere. I survived because we pulled the vehicles around 3 sides of the popup.
Matt
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Labor Day, I'll be heading a few miles down the road for some camping at First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach. Beautiful private, beachside campsites on the Chesapeake Bay plus plenty of maritime forest hiking trails and some geocaches to hunt. My favorite home away from home spot.
Wishing everyone a happy, safe and hurricane-free Labor Day.
:D
Laurie
2001 Born Free 23' RK
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Nancy,

If you really want to track Atlantic hurricanes, rely only on http://www.nhc.noaa.gov for tracking. That is the government's National Hurricane Center. I find the commercial networks tend to be a little hysterical in their reporting. The National Hurricane Center updates their info every 6 hours at a minimum, every 3 or 2 hours as the storms approach populated areas.

Currently there are no tropical cyclones reported or being tracked.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Heading to Rend Lake in Illinois for the holiday. Hope the glass co gets the new windows in by then.
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
Max our Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
2005 Gulfstream BT Cruiser (former BF owner)
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

shilohdad wrote:Nancy,

If you really want to track Atlantic hurricanes, rely only on http://www.nhc.noaa.gov for tracking. That is the government's National Hurricane Center. I find the commercial networks tend to be a little hysterical in their reporting. The National Hurricane Center updates their info every 6 hours at a minimum, every 3 or 2 hours as the storms approach populated areas.

Currently there are no tropical cyclones reported or being tracked.
Thank you so much.....yep the system they mentioned is GONE!!!
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

I and a few Southwest Area Born Free friends are going to go to Sequoia National Forrest right after Labor Day.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

We are looking for a boondocking place in Okanogan NF in north central Washington to hole up for the weekend until the crazies finish their holiday weekend.
Since we travel 5-8 months a year, we dread the 3 big weekends of the year, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. All the folks who only camp once or twice a year come out.
But come Monday evening the campground clears out and we have our quiet back.
While I am glad that people come to the outdoors to enjoy being away from a house and city, it sure does make it crowded and noisy on those weekends.
Dude

Post by Dude »

I agree with you Al.....thats why we took 2 extra days off work so we can camp Mon-Wed at Raystown Lake in PA. We'll be in the BF Fri-Sun, but at my FIL's, but that's a different kind of crazy :?
Matt
John S.

Post by John S. »

Well, I will be at Capital KOA in MD still. Been here a while this summer.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
richnwendy

Labor Day

Post by richnwendy »

Second journey in BFT. Costanoa KOA on California Coast. Meeting up with children and grand-kidling. We're loving our BFT.
2014 23' Freedom (2nd BF)
Re-starting retirement
iowaride

Post by iowaride »

Midwest Tandem Rally in Dayton, OH.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”