Weather Radio

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Weather Radio

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Getting ready to start my journey to Iowa and was wondering if anyone could suggest an inexpensive 'weather radio' that would give me weather information as I travel in the area I'm specifically traveling in....Whew! Long sentence...
Any information will be appreciated....
robert

Post by robert »

Although I do not own one, you might want to take a look at this radio.
http://www.weatherradiostore.com/produc ... t=2&scat=1
Brent

Reply to Weather Radio

Post by Brent »

Hello,
I've found about any and many weather radios are available. I have a FM/AM radio (portable) that also has weather stations. I got it at Radio Shack, they have a good selection. You can get them in stand alone models or as a part of your CB radio (Cobra).

Good luck on your trip. I'm heading for Texas myself.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I am going on the Alaska Caravan and they (highly recommend...putting it mildly) suggest a CB radio for everyone. I bought one with the weather radio built in. Many new CB's come with weather radio (all 7 channels).

Just another idea.

PatT

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”