Dinghy Towing - Hookups

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

wjhgolf

Dinghy Towing - Hookups

Post by wjhgolf »

I plan to tow a Chevy Cruze with manual transmission - 4 wheels down - weight of about 3,000 lbs. I have heard that the Blue Ox equipment is best, but what do you towers use? I do want to install a brake system, as well. I have spoken with the Blue Ox technicians and have all of their part numbers for; base plate (brackets), taillight wiring, Patriot brake system and Alpha tow bar. However, what do you folks use?
Bill and Sharyn Hill
Clarkston, MI
2002 24ft RB
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I'm very happy with my Roadmaster Sterling All-Terrain towbar.
Laker

ReadyBrute Elite

Post by Laker »

I tow a 2007 Chevy HHR. I just got into this issue this summer. I would highly recommend the ReadyBrute Elite system.

http://www.readybrake.com/tow-bars.html

It is simple in function with no electronics in the brake system to worry about. The 8000# tow bar is light and easy to handle. By having the tow bar and brake system integrated, you solve both problems.

You can purchase the entire system which includes tow bar and brake for around $1,000. Compare that with what you will pay for another system. The tow bar can fit a Blue Ox baseplate or any other major manufacturer.

Towed for over 2,000 miles this summer with no problems. Off to Florida this winter, and feeling very secure.

Good luck
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake
John S.

Post by John S. »

I like Blue Ox as the hitch on the car is hidden more than Road Master. I have used two tow bars over 300K miles both blue ox
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”