Geocaching

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dude

Geocaching

Post by Dude »

Does anyone do any Geocaching? Do you use your smart phone with an ap or do you have a GPS device? Hmmmm.....My car GPS has a walking mode and a battery, I wonder if I can use that.

This past weekend I was at a Rally and I was going to go on a hike with 2 others on Saturday. Around the Friday night campfire we got to chatting with 2 new people to our group and they said they were going to go Geocaching.....we asked to tag along since the 3 of us had never Geocached.

We had a great time :D It was a hike with a destination in the middle and a surprise. OK, the surprise was dollar store toys, but still, it was fun. I can't wait to do it with my 4yo son.

Here is a video of our experience in case you are a Muggle (non geocacher) and want to see what its about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1RLr00NFFw
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Never tried it but always thought it would be fun.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Dude,

You are a character! Your post are all over the map which I think is great.
You appear, from your posts, to have a curiosity about many things. A wonderful characteristic to have and one you should be sure to pass along to your children.

You should be able to use your car gps. It can be set for pedestrian mode.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Dude

Post by Dude »

Dallas, you are not the first one to call me a character :D I am sure glad my wife can put up with my various curiosities. And you are just seeing my camping related ones!!

Don't worry, there will be a followup here after the weekend when I try to do a geocache on my own with my son. And yes, I also hope to pass on my curiosity of things to my son......thats why I take him camping. Every trip is a new adventure to a new place (and its inexpensive)
Matt
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Dude, I have been Geocaching for a few years. I really enjoy how the search brings me to places I would not normally explore. I have a hand held GPS and the iPhone Geocache App, so I am usually ready to find a cache. This weekend I was in the northern part of the Outer Banks, an area accessible only by 4WD. It was fun walking a few miles up the beach and through the dunes looking for caches. I hope you and your family have as much fun as I do on my geocaching adventures. :)
Laurie
2001 Born Free 23' RK
Dude

Post by Dude »

I was hard at work this past weekend on the Honey-do. It is amazing how much you can get done at home when you are not camping. DW took DS to the park so I could continue knocking things off the list and as a result I didn't go geocaching. I do have the iPhone app. I haven't tried it but I hope to this weekend....unless I get stuck on the Honey-do list again.
Matt
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

A World War II Story:

A Czechoslovakian army officer 4ft 11 and weighing only 110 lbs was separated from his unit and fleeing the advancing German army. As the German army closed in in desperation he came across a farm house with a friendly family. His first question was "Can you cache a small Czech?" :) :)

Did you see it coming? Want more?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Bring it, Dallas! My whole family is corny as Kansas in August.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

For those of you following my puns Bill Hemme created a Jokes category and you can find the few others I can recall there. I've repeated the Small Czech one there to keep company with the others.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”