Born Free website

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

This thread now shows "Born Free website" as the subject, so that has worked.

So, what do other users think of the new Born Free website?
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I like the new website. I had no trouble accessing or navigating through the pages. It has some useful features such as downloadable owner's manuals. I'll never be able to own a new one however. I regret that they are priced out of my league. I will have to use the website to daydream :cry:
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
iowaride

Post by iowaride »

"I like the new website. I had no trouble accessing or navigating through the pages" per Dallas. Wish Dallas' post had a "like" button or a "ditto" button.
iowaride
Ray

Post by Ray »

What computer/access are you guys using and how old are they?
iowaride

Post by iowaride »

I am using a several years old Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop with 4G RAM and subscribe to CenturyLink DSL (via wifi to laptop) with a speed of 1.5 mbps--which is their lowest dsl speed, but that is all that is available from CenturyLink at my location. So while my internet speed coming into my home is slow, it is the fastest I can get here-yet I can still load the BF site quickly and navigate easily.

east coast of Iowa
iowaride
Last edited by iowaride on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I have an IPad mini that I bought two months ago. The connection is the key. I am connected at the moment to Verizon's 4G LTE network. When it is 3G with a couple of bars it is much slower.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Sam,

A challenge.

Say something positive about Born Free.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Thanks for posting Dallas....my thought too.....
Ray

Post by Ray »

OK ------- Say something good about BF?????

I can say what I tell everyone I talk to:

One of the best class C RV's on the market.
The best company I have ever dealt with.
The best empoyees of any company I have dealt with.
The most helpful and customer centric Company I have ever dealt with.
The best consumer/owners I have ever met.
The best memeber forum I have been involved with.

I am missing a few - But I think you understand how I feel.

Just wish I get get thier web site to open - I am working on increasing my RAM ----- Not knowing much about computers that may very well lead to the purchase of a new computer - LOL
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I'm with you Ray...... BF is the best of the best in it's class & am a very, very happy & satisfied owner.... 8)
Ray

Post by Ray »

I got the BF web site open :) :) :) :) :) :) !!!!!!!!!

I am like a kid with a new puppy - Havent had a chance to view the whole site but will be playing tonight.

Thank You so much to Carolyn at BF - She found the problem.

I think someone from BF is going to post something about it.

But it has something to do with thier web site using HTML5, and Internet explorer only recognizing that in version 9 or greater - my computer was using ver 8 and I dont think I can update cause I am running XP, it looks like any IE ver above 8 dosnt support XP ?????

Oh well, I dont understand any of that - But Carolyn talked me through getting Google Chrome on my computer - and by the magic of all those little electrons and "0"s and "1"s running around in my computer I can now get the web site to open ---- and so far it runs at a good speed

I think I said something above about BF haveing the best employees, customer support, and being very customer centric.

Carolyn is one of the reasons that BF is one of the best company's I have had the pleasure of deal with.

Ray
ed

Post by ed »

After researching the “slow to load” issue some of the Born Free RV website users are reporting, we have found that it is an “Internet Explorer” issue. If you are experiencing problems loading the new Born Free RV website, you will need to do one of the following (4) solutions:
1.) Update your Internet Explorer version to Version 9 or above. (IF your computer is capable of running 9 or above. – Possibly not if your computer has some age to it and is still using version 8 or lower.)
2.) Use Chrome as your internet browser.
3.) Use Firefox as your internet browser
4.) Use Safari as your internet browser.
If you prefer to use Chrome, Firefox or Safari as your internet browser and your computer does not already have these browsers loaded, you can find the free downloads here:
Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Safari (for Mac Computers): http://www.apple.com/safari/
Internet Explorer Update: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inte ... ownload-ie
Ed Newman
Ray

Post by Ray »

Sam - I dont think I ever said or insinuated that the Born Free web site wasnt working properly - In fact in my first post about it I believe I said it could be my computer, and on my second post I said it was probably my computer.

But you are right - I was wrong

It wasnt my computer - It was my browser

Working pretty good now

Thank goodness for people like Carolyn who has the the concern and takes the time to go the extra mile and help a BF owner out

And now that I dont have to buy a new computer I am just that much closer to buying a new Born Free :D

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”