Recommendations for upgrade from Day and Night Shade Bliss?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

BornFree_n_Now

Recommendations for upgrade from Day and Night Shade Bliss?

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

We are still enjoying our 2002 coach, and are continually thankful for the quality of workmanship which has provided us so many years of safe and pleasurable use. That being said, the singular decision which was made during its manufacture, which has caused us the most grief are the shades. We are seeking recommendations from those who may have retrofitted their coaches with better alternatives ~ Travel safe and enjoy!
Last edited by BornFree_n_Now on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I have posted this before but I find these cordless aluminum blinds are perfect. You just push them up and down, they stay put and they never rattle. Plus, they were easy to install. I got them here: http://www.blindschalet.com/

tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

The first time mine broke I made a trip to IKEA and picked up some curtains and a couple of curtain wire kits. One pair of curtains did both windows. The curtains do a better job of blocking out the light then the blinds. The curtain wire attaches where the upper bobbins were.

Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Tom

I saw your curtains and they look really nice. I was wondering what you have behind them and what is the purpose of it.

Thanks

Jo
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Thanks for both ideas, each appear to have merit :)
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

CuJo's Pride wrote:Tom

I saw your curtains and they look really nice. I was wondering what you have behind them and what is the purpose of it.

Thanks

Jo
There's nothing behind them. If you're talking about the second picture, it's just the regular carpet-like wall covering.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
jerseypete

Re: Recommendations for upgrade from Day and Night Shade Bli

Post by jerseypete »

Thanks for posting your blinds, Mockturtle. I went on the site and they show many different models there.
Sure would appreciate it if you could help me with finding the ones you got
Thanks, jerseypete
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

jerseypete wrote:Thanks for posting your blinds, Mockturtle. I went on the site and they show many different models there.
Sure would appreciate it if you could help me with finding the ones you got
Thanks, jerseypete
These are the ones I ordered, in mocha: http://www.blindschalet.com/cordlessminiblinds.html
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Sam, don't be confused, as I was, by their reference to 'handles'. They mean those little clear plastic things you attach to the bottom slat. Essentially, you just use the bottom slat to push/pull them up and down. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
vernbeeson

Post by vernbeeson »

We also looked to replace the pleated day/night shades and found AutoMotion Shades (http://www.automotionshade.com). We had them installed today and think they will be great. They are double roller shades, available in many colors and textures, and are thicker than the old pleated shades so they will block light more efficiently. The only downside we see so far is that they are spendy! If you don't want to expend the effort to pull them down manually you can get them motorized (we did not!).
Attachments
Automotion Shades in 2005 BFT.jpg
Automotion Shades in 2005 BFT.jpg (58.94 KiB) Viewed 11208 times

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”