Banks Exhaust System

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Steve W

Banks Exhaust System

Post by Steve W »

I am considering having a Banks Power Pack added to our Born Free. It will include the headers, oversize pipe and muffler. If anyone in this forum has had this done, could you let me know if there was in increase in the amount of exhaust noise?

Thanks,
Steve & Sue Wolfe / Born Free 24RB / toad
stevek

Re: Banks Exhaust System

Post by stevek »

I am trying to learn about this.
So, more power.
What does it do to your gas mileage?
For both gas and diesel?
thanks
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

stevek

More power - yes. I had the system installed on a Chev pickup some years back when towing a travel trailer. Definite increase in the power. Fuel mileage re gas; not so much. I do not know about diesel.
Steve & Sue Wolfe / Born Free 24RB / toad
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

I'd suggest you talk to Kim at Born Free about this. In some models there is a heat problem with Banks exhaust system.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

I installed the Banks Power Pack system years ago and was very pleased with the performance. As far as mileage is concerned it gave me about a gain of 5% but the additional power and torque was notable. One thing I discovered was that with the chip supplied with the kit and with the use of a air restriction gauge the engine was not getting enough air to compensate for the improved breathing with the headers. This was very apparent applying more throttle in passing or dropping down a gear or two in mountainous terrain. I believe Banks advertised a gain of 53hp but I never got a chance to get on a chassis dynamometer to prove that figure. Attached is picture of the air restriction gauge.
Attachments
Air intake 2.jpg
Air intake 2.jpg (30.72 KiB) Viewed 4457 times
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”