Born Free New Pricing...Discounts?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

TM Rootness

Born Free New Pricing...Discounts?

Post by TM Rootness »

Good Morning...I have been learning about the general Class A and some Class C markets for some time now. My wife and I are not yet ready to take the plunge...but I am increasingly interested in the Class C market. May be more realistic for our likely usage.

I have learned that "most" Class A and Class C products are sold new with a fairly significant discount to MSRP...often 25%+. I have also learned that Lazy Daze only sells from the factory with no discounts.

I am intrigued by the Born Free (and the LD)...but since I am located just a bit North of Born Free factory in Iowa there is a lot of logic to look strongly at the BF product.

My question is??? What is the "normal" new pricing reality on a Born Free product? Is it different if you buy from the factory or from a dealer? Any info will be appreciated.

Different question...any of you own a BF on the new Kodiak chassis? Your opinions? (Probably need to post as a separate heading) Thanks...Tom Rootness
whemme

Born Free Pricing

Post by whemme »

I think you will find that, like Lazy Daze, the factory sets the pricing and it and all of it's dealers are required to sell at that price MSRP - no 25% discounts like generally available from dealers of Winnebago or Fleetwood RV's.

Occassionally, the factory offers deals such as a free generator or maybe a 10% discount as happened recently during the factory Homecoming Celebration on June 22nd thru 25th. Then these same deals are available thru the dealer network also.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Tom, as Bill mentioned Born Free has the same pricing structure as the Saturn with a possible free generator or something similiar to stimulate sales at a major RV show or club rally. Also, if you check the used class C coach prices you will find the Born Free's have a much higher resale percentage than most all other brands which is important when you sell or trade.

As you are in a reasonable proximity to Humboldt you owe it to yourself to make and appointment and visit the factory to see just how these coaches are built, and meet the people putting them together. As you may have learned, these coaches are built by a team that takes pride in their work and not on an assembly line. Good luck in your research and if you decide to purchase a Born Free I doubt very much that you will be dissapointed.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”