Mouse House

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Cathy

Mouse House

Post by Cathy »

Good news, after numerous attempts at finding the best mouse deterent I've found it.
Peppermint oil, you can buy it at GNC or a health food store. I put a water bottle capful in all compartments and about 3 in the cab itself and all cabinets. It smells great & the mice must really not like it. I tried everything prior to this & nothing else worked! Try it if you have a problem with them. :roll:
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
Max our Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
2005 Gulfstream BT Cruiser (former BF owner)
Janet

Re: Mouse House

Post by Janet »

Interested in trying this. What about the winter in the Midwest; do you think it would work then or does the stuff freeze?? :D
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

This is my first winter trying it. I plan on checking it weekly. It may not freeze since it's an oil, but I'm not sure.
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
whemme

Post by whemme »

Here is some information on why various repellents won't keep mice or rats out of your motorhome.

Click on the website link below to find out according to the source above why various repellents won't do the job according to them.

http://www.icwdm.org/ControlMethods/RepellentsFail.aspx
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Bill,
I did throw mothballs under my front deck after my dog was sprayed by a skunk. A few days later, I did smell a dead skunk in the road a few blocks away. So, are the mice staying away because of the peppermint oil? I hope so, because nothing else has worked! I only have one more thing to try, the electronic sensor, it's more expensive than the oil, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I'm afraid the peppermint oil might repel me. :lol: :lol:

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”