So, what do you HATE about your Born Free?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

Re: So, what do you HATE about your Born Free?

Post by Dallas Baillio »

You cannot get through to Sam Ryan.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
dowellcj

Post by dowellcj »

He is mistaken. I have not "missed" any information, and I have only posted one question on this forum, so "quite complete in answering questions" is also not factual. I guess it is not obvious to some how their posts come across to others, and how they reflect negatively on the poster. Thanks for the support from the rest of you all.

Caryl
Caryl & Tom Dowell
Sequim, WA
2015 Splendor (27 RSB)
Prior coach 2008 24RB
Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

Sam Ryan wrote:I am not all that sold on seeking out a unit only for it's options...
Except for heated seats maybe... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sam Ryan wrote:My last two MBS have had them, and I now consider it a must when shopping for a new one.
Sorry Sam; I saw the open door and just couldn't help myself :!:

Mike
PS. Maybe if you covered your butt better the heaters would be unnecessary. :twisted: :sorry: (I can't stop :oops: )
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Mike Jean Bandfield

:idea: Do you ever wish this site had a like button :?: :lol:
Mike
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Mike Jean Bandfield

Sam Ryan wrote:...Nice try Mike, but context is everything, and you missed it. The heated seats comments were for my Mercedes-Benz cars. Surely not the Born Free! Sorry, to disappoint your attempt at making a nonexistent point. Carry on, Ol buddy!! :mrgreen:
Ha :!:
Sam Ryan wrote:Flexsteel integrating them is what I was looking for. I'd definitely want them manufacturer installed from the git-go.
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Deleted.
Last edited by Dallas Baillio on Thu May 07, 2015 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Mike Jean Bandfield

I am so sorry - really - it was low hanging fruit. Where were we when I thoughtlessly interrupted (seriously - no sarcasm intended). Oh ya! ...So, what do you HATE about your Born Free? (Whoa! OK, a little sarcasm.) I think I had assisted Sam in deflecting our attention from here:
dowellcj wrote:He is mistaken. I have not "missed" any information, and I have only posted one question on this forum, so "quite complete in answering questions" is also not factual. I guess it is not obvious to some how their posts come across to others, and how they reflect negatively on the poster. Thanks for the support from the rest of you all.
Caryl
dowellcj wrote:I guess it is not obvious to some how their posts come across to others, and how they reflect negatively on the poster.
Mea Culpa. I own some of that. Thank you for reminding us Caryl :) I will now shut up for a while - (maybe forever - after Bill reads this thread.)
Mike
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
Dude

Post by Dude »

In an attempt to get this thread back on track.......

I do have tilt steering!!!
In re-reading some of the posts I got to thinking, I have everything on the option sheet that Bill mentioned (I haven't looked for my paperwork to confirm). In order to tilt the wheel I was interpreting the movement needed was to push on the end of it towards the passenger door. That did nothing. After re-reading everything I realized I was doing it wrong. The turn signal needs to be pushed towards the dash board. It was sticky and I was honestly affraid I was going to break it but there seemed to be some movement......Presto, the steering wheel tilted!!! I'm guessing it may have been a very long time since that wheel tilted.

Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Dude wrote:In an attempt to get this thread back on track.......

I do have tilt steering!!!
In re-reading some of the posts I got to thinking, I have everything on the option sheet that Bill mentioned (I haven't looked for my paperwork to confirm). In order to tilt the wheel I was interpreting the movement needed was to push on the end of it towards the passenger door. That did nothing. After re-reading everything I realized I was doing it wrong. The turn signal needs to be pushed towards the dash board. It was sticky and I was honestly affraid I was going to break it but there seemed to be some movement......Presto, the steering wheel tilted!!! I'm guessing it may have been a very long time since that wheel tilted.

It had to be more than cosmetic if your headlight dimmer was on the floor. Now you can go crazy getting the tilt adjusted just right, ha ha.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

How come we don't have a why we love our Born Free ?
2012 25' rb
Dude

Post by Dude »

Lets spread some love.....Here is the new thread
http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... f=4&t=4836
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”