Rear bumper carriage bolt

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

lbow2459

Rear bumper carriage bolt

Post by lbow2459 »

Hey all, I'm missing one of the rear bumper bolts on our 2006 RB. (Bolt, gasket. & nut is gone) I just talked to born free, & they do not stock this any longer. So,thought I would ask here if has anyone ever had to replace one of these? If so, where did you end up finding it? I've just started trying to source, & thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone has ever had to replace one. The size too, if anyone knows as well would help. Thanks!
Larry and Jane
2006 24RB Casual Elegance
tomzleapin

Re: Rear bumper carriage bolt

Post by tomzleapin »

What you need is a stainless steel 1/2-13 carriage bolt. There are two lengths used, 1-1/2 or 2-1/2. You will have to figure which length you need. They are standard carriage bolts. You may find one at Lowes or Home Depot.

If you have a Fastenal store near you, they one have them for sure. http://www.fastenal.com.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
lbow2459

Re: Rear bumper carriage bolt

Post by lbow2459 »

Thank you for your input Tom!! I guess I thought this would be more of a specialty size/item. I'll start at Lowe's, & go from there. Also, the size really helps! Thanks again!!
Larry and Jane
2006 24RB Casual Elegance

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”