Advice for busted Jack antenna

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

M&MAustin

Advice for busted Jack antenna

Post by M&MAustin »

I was driving our coach through a parking lot in a light-industrial park and didn't notice a low hanging cable. Yup, you guessed it, it sheared off the Jack antenna. Someone nicely climbed up on top of the coach for me to retrieve it (I'm too short to reach the bottom step of the ladder!). There's broken plastic inside, so my guess is that I need to buy a new one and have it installed.

Any other suggestions?

Fortunately, as dumb things to do to a coach go, this one is relatively minor. Thanks in advance!
Matt & Marie Baker
2013 26' Mobility
thestoloffs

Re: Advice for busted Jack antenna

Post by thestoloffs »

Marie, I'd love to offer another solution, but it does appear as if a new antenna is in order.

On another point you raised -- your inability to reach the first step on your RV ladder, we vertically challenged folks often use a Starter Ladder to begin your upward ascent. :roll:

Good luck, our friend. I'm still working on getting back on the road, so that we Mobility owners can meet up someday soon.

Cheers,
Marilynn & Gerry
Marilynn & Gerry Stoloff
Coconut Creek, FL
Former owner of 26' Mobility
M&MAustin

Post by M&MAustin »

Thanks for the starter ladder tip - somehow I never knew they existed! I found the antenna on Amazon so I'll order one and get it installed.

The incident happened when I went to an auto upholstery place that is re-upholstering the sofa bed so that it lies flatter to make it more usable for Matt. Hopefully we'll be able to do some longer trips again after that - right now we're limited to about 3 nights out at a time.

Happy Spring!
Matt & Marie Baker
2013 26' Mobility
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Bill Hemme posted this a couple of years ago. I made this modification and it helps. If the work you are now having done isn't entirely satisfactory you may want to try this.

http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... =14&t=3424
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
M&MAustin

Post by M&MAustin »

Thanks for that link, Dallas - I hadn't found this before in the forum.
Matt & Marie Baker
2013 26' Mobility

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”