Place to Park RV in Atlanta

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Brent

Place to Park RV in Atlanta

Post by Brent »

I need to work in downtown Atlanta the middle of this month for a week. I know staying in the RV in that area isn't a realistic option but does anyone know a safe place I could store it near Atlanta while I'm working (I'll stay in a downtown hotel)? I don't tow a vehicle so staying outside and commuting into downtown isn't an option either.

Then when work is over I’ll try to take it north for the weekend to do some fly fishing.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
oliverpsmile

Re: Place to Park RV in Atlanta

Post by oliverpsmile »

Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Perhaps you could rent a car for the week and stay in a nearby campground. We do not tow, either, but when we stayed near Tucson and could not park the RV downtown to see various sites, we rented a car for about $100. We used Enterprise, as they will deliver the car to you and pick it up when the rental is complete. Just a thought.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

Have you considered contacting some of the 3rd party long term airport parking lots and seeing if they accept oversized vehicles? We did this in Orlando once when we had to fly somewhere for a wedding in the middle of an RV vacation.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
Brent

Post by Brent »

Thank you for the good suggestions. Some are ones I didn't think of before. Unfortunately due to work requirements it has turned into a fly in and out trip. It looks like I'll have to forgo the pleasure part of the trip.
Brent
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”