Replacement for microwave/convection NN-T888S 2004 BFT

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Norm

Replacement for microwave/convection NN-T888S 2004 BFT

Post by Norm »

Our Panasonic microwave-convection oven just popped off. I don't have an owner's manual so I don't know how to take it out to check it further (breaker is OK). No one seems to be available in our area to check it. If anyone can give me directions on how to take it out, I'd appreciate it. Also, if we have to replace it, how can we find a microwave (only) to fit the same place??
Roger H

Re: Replacement for microwave/convection NN-T888S 2004 BFT

Post by Roger H »

Norm,

First check the outlet for 120v power. Even though the breaker is on, there's a small possibility that there's a problem with the socket.

If you have 120v to the outlet, most microwaves have an internal fuse as well. I had one blow on a m'wave several years ago. The one I had then was the old automotive-style glass fuse; I have no idea what they'd have in them now.

The microwaves used in RVs are just kitchen counter-top models with flanges screwed into the cabinetry to hold them in place. There's nothing special or unique about them. Removing the microwave would be easier to help with if I had photos of your particular installation; that said, it should just be a matter of unplugging it, unscrewing the flanges (brackets) that hold the microwave in place in the cabinet and sliding it out. Then you can figure out how to remove the outside cover by unscrewing a series of screws around the back and usually a couple on the sides on the bottom.

Look on the side near or behind the control panel for a fuse holder of some sort and check the fuse.

If it's something other than the fuse and you need to replace the microwave, any unit of similar dimensions should be able to replace your current unit.

I hope that helps.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
Norm

Post by Norm »

Thanks, Roger, I appreciate your reply. I finally got the microwave loose and will get my wife to help me pull it out. I have checked all fuses/circuit breakers. I have had good advice from Kim at Born Free. The 110 v. outlets were off, but are resit now. This did not turn on the microwave. There may be a fuse in the unit, and I'll check that when I get it out. I should have gotten an owner's manual when they were still available. Thanks again for your information.

Norm
whemme

Post by whemme »

Norm,

Attached as a pdf file is a copy of the Owners Manual for your Panasonic NN-T888S Microwave.

Please note that since this microwave is a normal home kitchen unit, the manual will not describe the procedure necessary to remove the unit from its mounting in your Born Free.
Attachments
Panosonic Microwave NN-T888S Manual.pdf
(3.93 MiB) Downloaded 344 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Norm

Post by Norm »

Thanks, Bill. I believe I have the microwave out and am ready to see what I can do (hopefully change a fuse). If I can't find the problem, I'll try to find an expert:)

Norm
Szkumar

Post by Szkumar »

Norm,

If you have to replace anything other than the Fuse, it is easier to replace the Microwave itself. We had the same model in our 2004 RSB, which died a few months back, the Diagnostics itself runs you into the hundreds, not worth it in my opinion.
Senthil & Sam
2004 26 RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”