Curtain air duct

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

David and Susan Bratt

Curtain air duct

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

When sleeping in the overcab bed, I was disappointed with how little air circulated up there. When the window is open the fresh air just dropped into the living area or went straight to the fan. I found that the following helps distribute air further toward the front. I open the window and close the curtain, pressing it tight to the wall on the open window end. Then I pull the rest of curtain away from the window forming a little air duct opening toward the front of the vehicle. Because of the stiff lining, the curtain will stay rounded out away from the window. The fresh air comes into the overcab area as far forward as the first roll bar - distributing air much further toward the front. Sue
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
CuJo's Pride

Re: Curtain air duct

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Great suggestion, thanks...
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
Bob Proctor

Re: Curtain air duct

Post by Bob Proctor »

Another approach that has worked well for us is to mount a small Coleman tent fan on the end wall of the upper cupboards, facing forward toward the cabover bed, at the foot of the bed. This circulates a nice gentle breeze through the bed area and is especially helpful to anyone sleeping toward the front of the nosecone.

The fan looks like a little propeller on a brown plastic base and uses one D-cell battery. We got ours in the camping aisle in a sporting goods store. The only drawback is that a battery only lasts about one night, but it's worth it when dry camping on a hot night.
2002 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”