Hurricane Harvey

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

harrisgowing

Hurricane Harvey

Post by harrisgowing »

To all of our friends in Texas and Louisiana, be safe! Dallas, you pay attention too if you are home. This does not look good.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Dallas Baillio

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Thank you Judy. I am traveling and in Quebec. I have learned over time to watch what is happening in the Gulf of Mexico. Once in Wyoming I tuned in local tv only to learn a hurricane was set to strike Mobile Bay. Drove something like 22 hrs to get home, prepare my home for a hit and leave again before the storm. It weakened and hit elsewhere. When Katrina was on the way I was in Tennessee. Did the same drill. Mid-August to Mid-September in the peak of the season for the Gulf. I hope I do not have to try to rush home again.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
harrisgowing

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Post by harrisgowing »

Happy to hear that, Dallas, and hope you can stay in Quebec. Very strange weather, it is going into the 40's tonight in northern Michigan. As to the hurricane, we were just reflecting on how wonderful it is to have a rolling home to turn to in this situation. We would be gone or nearly so in our trusty and comfortable Born Free!
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”