Backup camera?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mike Astley

Backup camera?

Post by Mike Astley »

Has anyone installed a backup camera? If so, can you give details on the mountings and the cable routing that you did? Thanks!
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO
John S.

back up camera

Post by John S. »

We had our BFT installed with one before taking delivery. They put it over the door and ran the wire in behind the middle clearance light and thru the wire run to the fron headliner and then down to the mirror and the monitor they installed. I will look where they went inside the coach when I get home and post it for you.
karls

Post by karls »

I installed a backup camera that I got from Northern Tool. It had plenty of extra cable which I routed down the ladder, along the left frame and up through the floor under the right seat. The camera is centered above the rear window. I use it primarily for positioning when hooking up a 36 foot glider trailer.

As for the monitor, it lives on the floor against the right seat and is tilted up so the driver can see it. It has an audio function as well so that when someone is guiding the driver they can talk normally.
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

You may consider an X10 product http://www.x10.com/products4/google/home2.html
We installed one 3.5 years ago, and it is still working well ~~ color camera with 180 degrees of pan, plus tilt, and sound ~~ sent signal into our coach TV so we have a large screen view of what is behind us, from side to side, and from hitch to approx. three car lengths behind. Camera is 12v powered, which we pulled from exhaust fan area in bathroom. The gimbaled assembly requires 14.8v, which we supply via a transformer hooked into our coach inverter, as are our TV’s, so we have constant picture whether we are on AC or not. The camera connection to the receivers (also 12v, but opted to power through inverter and mounted near TV sets), are wireless.
Attachments
Backup Camera.jpg
Backup Camera.jpg (37.45 KiB) Viewed 6592 times
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

I modified my initial post on this topic to include a picture and some wiring information ~~ this post is made only to alert previous topic readers of new topic content
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
ronpurdum

back up camera

Post by ronpurdum »

I installed a back-up camera on my 2004 26RSB and it was a bit of a job but works great. I bought one with sound so my wife can talk to me backing into tight spots. It also has IR and works at night very well. Cost was just under $400. I mounted it in the center of the back just below the center clearance light. I drilled a hole for the wire which will come out in the overhead cabinet and then routed it to the area behind the shower. Then to the floor and drilled several holes to allow the wire to enter the area under the fuse panel, up under the sink and under the couch. I then ran it up the rollover bar and crossed to under the drivers shelf and into the cab-over. I mounted it to the overhead where the interior light is and between the sunvisors. Covered the base with interior cloth from BF and looks like a factory installation.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”