Remote worm-up

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bill crommett

Remote worm-up

Post by bill crommett »

Has anyone figured ou a method to remotely turn on the furnace in a Born Free from 20 miles away ?
It would be good in the wintertime to come home to a warm Born Free after a day out exploring or visiting. Thirty minutes would give everything a chance to get heated up.
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

20 miles away??!! Yes, you simply call a neighbour and have him turn on your furnace for you.

In theory, I suppose a smart electronics geek can hook up a cell phone in the MH and when you call that cell phone, the ringer is attached to a switch to turn on the thermostat, either via a servo or directly.

How about using the internet, using the same technology as a remote web cam?

Seriously, I have often wondered how I can leave my dog in the rig, go sight seeing and monitor the interior temp. If it is too hot or too cold, I can then remotely turn on the A/C or furnace. So, if you figured it out, I'd love to hear it.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”