LED Lighting

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

smh1040us

LED Lighting

Post by smh1040us »

I am working on some upgrades to my ,new to me, 1998 24RB.
The light fixtures are the originals and work just fine but I would like to install LED lights.
In looking at photos of some newer Born Free I see a very attractive wood fixture with round lights mounted on the ceiling. Does anyone know where to get these wood light fixtures? Are they LED and do you recommend the LED lights?
Any help is appreciated.
Mark
jlef123

Re: LED Lighting

Post by jlef123 »

I do not know where they got the round led lights but the wood piece that the lights are in was fabricated in the Born Free wood shop. I do like the LED lights and did put some in my former 2002 coach. They use less electricity and are extremely long lasting.
Joel & Sandy
2002 26' RB
2015 27' Splendor
2020 Coachmen Beyond
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Assuming your coach has fluorescent light tubes, you can buy replacement LED tubes. You end up bypassing the ballast, but the tubes are plug compatible. We ended up replacing one of ours in our 2006 unit when the ballast failed.

The new coaches have the round LED fixtures, but they are controlled by a Firefly bus-based control unit that lets you dim them and control them from central panels. I don’t know how one would go about replacing old fixtures we these LED fixtures.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

Here's what I did to convert to LED lamps:

Link: Convert incandescent to LED
Link: Convert fluorescent to LED

Tom