HWH 725 leveling system problem

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

harrisgowing

HWH 725 leveling system problem

Post by harrisgowing »

We have our coach out of storage to head south this Friday from frigid Michigan. The leveling system is not working at all, fortunately jacks are up. The parking brake is set, coach engine running, the system panel is lit but nothing happens when when I push the level button except for a faint click. Usually a screeching noise comes on when the button is pushed and stays on during most of the process but no noise and no jack movement. Manual operation buttons do not work either. The manual is not helpful. Does anyone with jacks have any ideas or similar experience? I have emailed the company but the internet says they have not been very responsive to customer questions. Thanks for any insight anyone might have.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
bigdipper

Re: HWH 725 leveling system problem

Post by bigdipper »

Mine has a fuse accessible on top. Might be worth a try.
Good Luck,
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Thanks, Ralph. It seems like a fuse type problem to us. Where exactly is the fuse located on your unit?
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

Mine is joy-stick version with box to right of driver's seat. Fuse right on top under a fitting with slot and labelled. Don't know your configuration, but the same fuse must be somewhere in cab.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Thanks very much, Ralph. It sounds like your version is pre Firefly. We will look around but this is undoubtedly beyond our ability to fix. Frustrating! Bought some boards today.k
Chuck and Judy Harris
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

I don't know where you're headed "south" but HWH is located in Moscow, IA about 9miles south of where I live. I have HWH jacks on my 32RQ, and my father's Winnebago 38' has them as well. HWH has been very responsive for all of our needs by phone, and they take walk-in service without an appointment as well, although it's been my experience that an appointment works better, especially when you're traveling in the coach.

HWH
2096 Moscow Rd, Moscow, IA 52760
(563) 724-3396

Let us know what you figure out!
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Unfortunately Iowa is not on our way, but service has been responsive by email. They sent a trouble shooting guide that is way above our pay grade so we will find some place in FL. They say it could be any number of things. We are hoping for the simplest - the pump is not grounded so does not work. We had some work done on the coach locally last week, which included testing the batteries and running some diagnostics to figure out an engine error code. It may be that something came loose in the process but the local place does not work on these levelers so cannot help. The levelers were working fine until we put it in storage in late October. At least the slide does work, we just need to be nice and level. Will post results when we have them in a week or so. Thanks!
Chuck and Judy Harris
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

No worries. I have several friends who work there, and I know that they really work hard at both product quality and customer satisfaction. At least you know that factory service is available if necessary.

Safe travels!

Roger
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”