Winterizing tip

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dave Cassidy

Winterizing tip

Post by Dave Cassidy »

Today i winterized my '04 RSB for the 3rd time since we bought it.
1st 2 X's i never had a problem,but this day i could not get antifreeze from the jug to the water pump.
Called the BF customer service dept., spoke with KIM, who told me i'd probably ran the water pump dry :oops: & had to prime the pump.
Told me to pour the pink stuff into the filler hose,turn on the water pump,blow into the hose & quickly turn off the pump.
SUCCESS.
A BIG THANK YOU to KIM @ BF customer svc.. I'm really thankful for BF's help when i've needed it. It's only 1 of the things that make this Company great.
Learned something new today. Hope this may help someone else.
Dave Cassidy
Last edited by Dave Cassidy on Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whemme

Winterizing Problems

Post by whemme »

Dave,

I have had the same problem with needing to prime my water pump in my 2002 BF 26' RSB coach. I never had this problem with my earlier 1999 BF 24' RB coach.

So my solution has been to have about 12 oz of drinking water in a container that I can get a mouth full from and then with the water pump on I actually blow that water from my mouth down into the 3' filler hose and repeat this a couple of times and then shut off the pump. Then I stick the end of the hose down into the pink antifreeze jug and turn on the water pump again and it will start drawing in the antifreeze.

A similar solution to yours. But I bet a lot of BF owners probably suffer from this problem needing to prime their water pump and my not know how to do it.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I thought it was just me :oops:

HAd the same problem, but solved it by disconnecting the hose right at the pump inlet side. Attached the filler hose there and it sucked it right up.

Talked to Kim the next day about it, and he suggested priming it also, but I had already "did it my way". Have to remember that for next time.

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”