Tire pressure monitor

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

Tire pressure monitor

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I installed a “Tire Minder” brand of tire pressure monitor on my BF. Alerted me to a loose leaking valve stem when leaving Yellowstone National Park and a tire pierced by a metal object near the East entrance road to the Grand Canyon. I also learned about a situation that caused a false leaking tire feedback on my Tire Minder. After driving in 95 degree plus temperatures I encountered a very heavy thunderstorm. The quick ambient temp drop caused a quick change in tire pressure. The tire monitor then sent a siginal of several tires leaking air. Before I thought it through I pulled off the road. Shortly thereafter the false report cleared on the monitor. That’s when I understood what had happened.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
JeffatJacks

Re: Tire pressure monitor

Post by JeffatJacks »

Dallas,

Thanks for the info. I also have a Tire Minder TPMS System. The only issue I’ve had with my system is a No Signal warning on the right front tire and only the right front tire. I have tried three different sensors and I still get an intermittent No signal wwrning. Tire Minder tech support at the FMCA Rally in Gillette thinks it might be the valve stem on that wheel so I may get it swapped when we get home from our long trip.

Jeff
2004 Born Free 26 RB
Towing a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I too get the No Signal warning. Initially when it happed I stopped and removed the monitor from the valve stem, waited 10 seconds, and reinstalled. That helped sometimes. Lately I have just ignored it and it eventually goes away. I’ve had the signal on three different tires. I have not installed the signal booster. When I do that may solve the problem. Do you have your booster installed?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
JeffatJacks

Post by JeffatJacks »

Yes my booster is installed. I have it mounted on one of the frame extensions at the rear bumper. The booster really works. It can read the sensors on our TOAD when my wife is following when we aren’t hooked up to tow.

One downside to ignoring the “boy who cried wolf” No Signal Warning, we had a catastrophic valve stem failure that happened so fast it mimicked unscrewing the sensor and not a loss off pressure. I ignored it until our next stop and found a flat inside dual.
2004 Born Free 26 RB
Towing a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”