Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tomzleapin

Re: Newbie

Post by tomzleapin »

I have never used a Chromebook, but a google search found this:

https://support.google.com/chromebook/a ... 1068?hl=en
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Our Door is on the side.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Here's a picture of our Bumper Box used for general storage of blocks, jack and small compressor.
Attachments
20181202_131016 (1).jpg
20181202_131016 (1).jpg (61.97 KiB) Viewed 7616 times
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Sewer Hose storage. There are two and each is capable of a 14-15 foot hose.
Attachments
20181202_131016 (3).jpg
20181202_131016 (3).jpg (58.37 KiB) Viewed 7616 times
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
perleys

Post by perleys »

Great to see the pics! How it the bumper box mounted? Is it screwed to the bumper? I have thought about adding one of those coolers for extra storage!
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

The bumper box is stiffened with two sheet metal right angle brackets, bottom to rear. These are screwed through the brackets and the plastic.

A piece of half inch pressure treated plywood is painted white and is painted white. Four bolts with big washers goes through the plastic, wood and bumper topper and are held by lock nuts. It really turned out pretty stiff.

I a box on our trailer's bumper for almost a decade. There I have two of the sewer hose 'fence posts' under the bumper box.

By the way, it's not a cooler, just a box.

The whole setup is about a $25-30 event. I must admit I bought it because of the color.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
perleys

Post by perleys »

Yes I knew it was a cooler. My camper is white so I have been thinking about a bumper box ever since they came out with the new fancy water proof coolers. I also had to redo part of my bumper in the silver triangle plate metal so I may get one of those type of truck boxes instead.
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I must be missing something here. Why re-invent the wheel using a vinyl fence post for sewer hose storage when there is a readily available product designed for this purpose easily available on the Internet and at RV dealers in their parts department?
Attachments
5C368600-9642-4735-8F74-FAEECB446165.jpeg
5C368600-9642-4735-8F74-FAEECB446165.jpeg (95.57 KiB) Viewed 7596 times
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

There are many available image resize apps available. Search in the App Store under “Image size reduce.” Bill Hemme has also provided several solutions. He often posts these when he sees complaints about this issue. I imagine he is a bit tired of having to respond. It ain’t all that difficult to do!!
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Thanks Dallas, If I had known I probably would have used your suggested solution.

Norm
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Spare Tire Location. It's mandatory that we carry a spare tire, partially because we travel to far out places but also because I'm married.

We are going to locate the tire under our jack knife couch. It requires us to remove the rear support between the last two compartments under the couch. For appearance I'll cut the support at the top and bottom and attach it to the door of the last compartment. As well I'll add an auxiliary support.

I'v add an under sink shelf and an under stove counter shelf. The latter has a 30 can fifo holder screwed to it's surface.

I've added a table between the third chair and the couch. It's 24x24". An arm slides out located beside the 3rd chair and the passenger's chair. The table top slides into a grove in this slider. Originally the table was going to slide and tip up but I wanted the table top to be wider than the aisle so now it's removable. This required compromise because the couch has been reuphostered and is significantly higher than the chair.

It is also designed to take a 12x24 inch table top to allow it to serve as a writing table for the 3rd chair.

Lastly I added a 12 volt outlet in the battery compartment.

If I have time I'd like to add a solar panel or two similar to the one on our Scamp's panel is about a 1/4 inch thick and only weighs a couple of pounds. It is held in place by double sided tape.

We've decided on a 2005 Scion xB with a manual transmission as a tow vehicle weighing about 2500 lbs. They have a good track record and there's plenty of volume inside, plus upright seating. We recognize we're looking at something with 150,000 miles on the odometer but for us in our travels that's about 10 years before it hits 250,000 miles.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

I've modified the couch to fit the spare tire by cutting the couch support between the center couch cabinet and the cabinet behind the driver. We slid the tire into the center and pushed it to the front of the couch. We found a carpeted 2x2" under the couch and screwed it down to keep the tire in place.

Today replaced the running lights with new LED type lights. The old ones were cracked or ....

Next mud flaps on the rear.

While working on the table the converter stopped, I assumed it over heated. After a little wait it came back on. I've considered replacing it but may just add an available muffin fan.

The gray tank is only 17 gallons. It looks like there's room to double it. Has anyone ever done this?
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Worked on appearance. Replaced side and rear running lights with new LED fixtures. Really made them pop, color against a white but scarred gel coat.

Replace half the stripes with 3M turquoise vinyl tape, 1" x 150'. It produced a wonderful difference. I did not remove the old, worn, cracked and gone tape. I bought more tape for the wider stripes, 1 1/4". Turquoise with a 1/4" of gold or silver.

I painted the AC cover, the stove vent and the heater cover Rustoleum gloss white. The virst two were getting that yellowed in the Sun look and the latter beginning to rust. Most other plastic pieces have been replaced.

On the subject of paint I have considered painting the cabinet doors white, they are decidedly different surface than the gel coat. I may try painting a small one white.

I 'Cloroxed' the water system with a cup of Clorox and a full tank of water using the pump. Unfortunately the city water check valve has failed after 256 years. I ordered a new one. It looks easy to replace.

The Western snow adds a little anxiety to the trip, a rear trip where we have to be somewhere by a date, our grandson's wedding on April 6th. We have moved our road date from March 1 to February 20th. Friends we plan to visit have sent us pictures of their rigs in AZ in snow.

It's getting exciting. I've started loading my clothes in the BF.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Today I painted the plastic parts on the roof white to protect them from the Florida Sun.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

Previously I did the 1" stripe in a solid turquoise. Today I did the 1 1/4" stripe with a 1" solid turquoise and a 1/4" gold stripe. I really like it and so does Ginny. Neighbors have stopped to say it really pops. The former faded stripes are part of this BornFree's past.

I also added an electrical outlet on the inside of the bathroom sink's cabinet. This allows me to plug in the water heater's electric heater. There is an on/off switch for the electric water heater mounted beside the gas water heater's on/off switch.

The big move has begun of road items, clothing and 'things', partially to see how things will fit.

It reminds me that Saturday and Wednesday are Pickleball days here in the park. We introduced it last year and have now taught 40+ people to play. Unfortunately and not surprisingly it doesn't take on all of them. We always carry our Pickleball paddles where ever we go.

Tomorrow I'll begin removing the remnants of the 'mud' flaps.

Norm
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”