EeZ Tire Monitor System

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

on a journey

EeZ Tire Monitor System

Post by on a journey »

Happy New traveling year to all!!!

My Christmas present was a TPMS, and I need to program in tire temperature. Any idea what a high temperature for our size tires would be? If anyone has an EEZ, could you tell me if a PSI range for the front of 78/58 is good (I'm assuming that they are 65PSI cold). For the back I am thinking 90/67, with cold PSI at 75.
Frozen in Indiana now, heading south in a few weeks. Trusting my electrician will get my 3 phase converter installed by then, however if he cannot I would appreciate recommendations for an installer between Asheville, NC , Macon, GA, northern Florida. I checked the BF service provider page, and found a place in Florida, but if anyone has any favorites, I'd like to give them some business.

Thank you so very much for being here to help us newbies.
whemme

Re: EeZ Tire Monitor System

Post by whemme »

It would help a whole lot if you would tell us the model of coach you have and the tire size on it.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
perleys

Post by perleys »

I sent a private message because I thought the post was a year old. I am interested in learning more about this since I hope to purchase EEZ TPMS for my 2004RSB.
on a journey

Post by on a journey »

Ooops,
2004 24RB
Goodyear Wrangler HT225/75R16
whemme

Post by whemme »

As recommended in many posts on this forum, you should have your coach weighed front and back axle separately in your normal down the road running condition.

Then use the attached inflation pressure graph which was published in the Technical Library section on this forum to determine your proper inflation pressures for both your front tires and your rear dual tire. I would estimate that 55 psi would be about right for your front tires and 70 psi for your rear tires.
Attachments
BORN FREE TIRE INFLATION GR.pdf
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
perleys

Post by perleys »

Thanks Bill, I have seen that graph before but have been challenged since I am not sure of weight on each axle. I did just weight my BF at a grain supply place last fall to get a total weight. But haven't found any place in Missouri that will weigh each axle. I took the weight I got and if all tanks (gasoline, water and propane) were full my total weight would have been 13,780. But I still don't know how that is distributed by axle! It did tell me I have accumulated more weight in "stuff" that I thought I had! Based on weight from factory I have accumulated 1500 lb of stuff if I am doing calculations right! That doesn't even seem possible!
bornnorm

Post by bornnorm »

We use tire pressure monitoring, particular on our towed vehicle or trailer. The most valuable data is rate of change data and not alarms. To me an alarm generally means a blow out, lack of attention to tire pressure.

Tires can take relatively hire temperatures. In AZ in the summer tires could start at well over 100F. My understanding is that tires can easily with stand 170 F.

Ginny watches to see what happens regularly on the TPMS. We look for rapid changes in temperature, like a brake locking, where temperature will climb rapidly on one tire. Similarly we are concerned when pressure decreases slowly on a tire while other tires are constant or climbing in pressure.

So far we have little experience with the Born Free's tires but will shortly, though with existing air temps I don't expect to see too high a temperature.
Norm Milliard
'93 Born Free 21' RB
'06 Scion xB
Escapee, Full timer
on a journey

Post by on a journey »

Thank you to all who responded!!!

Installed! And programed. The name says it all, easy. The manual is very clear. All the sensors responded to monitor with a few minutes after the sensors were attached.
Set my temperature at 170. There seems to be about 3 pounds difference between the monitor readings and my tire gauge.
I did take the anti theft cases off just because fiddling with the special wrench did not appeal to me.

Thank you again for all your input!
perleys

Post by perleys »

I have had someone else tell me when I get a system to not worry about the anti theft units.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”