blank tank compartment door latch question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Suerenity

blank tank compartment door latch question

Post by Suerenity »

I’m new to the forum and a newbie, proud owner of a 2012 RB 24. I tried searching to see if there were previous posts regarding this topic, but no luck. Probably it’s my ineptitude that’s preventing me from finding any relevant posts. In which case, I offer an apology for redundancy. Here’s my dilemma...I’m having trouble with the blank tank basement compartment door. The handle turns, but very stiffly and the long metal rods that insert into the sides of the compartment don’t always seem to extend completely to engage the door securely in relation to the rotation of the handle turn. Consequently, the door will pop open while I’m driving. I hope this explanation makes sense. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions for maintenance and/or cleaning of this handle mechanism? Thanks.
Suerenity
2012 24RB “The Breeze”
whemme

Re: blank tank compartment door latch question

Post by whemme »

I am confused somewhat by your post. Can I assume instead of blank you mean black? And if you mean black tank basement compartment door your 2012 RB 24 coach it should have its black tank under the coach and not contained within any basement compartment. Please explain.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
John S.

Post by John S. »

I had that happen on one of my coaches. The bar was a bit to short so I welded on a piece on the back and gave it another 1/4 inch. As to operating it I would look up latches and see what you can find or take a picture to a RV dealer parts department.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
Dave Rotelle

Post by Dave Rotelle »

For a temporary fix you can lock the door, I had a similar problem on the door that covers our generator. Because we don't often open that door I found it easier to just lock the door.
2013 Freedom Front Lounge.
Purchased November 2017.
Suerenity

Post by Suerenity »

Thanks all for your replies. I wasn’t able to find them in the forum until today! In the meantime, I've purchased some dry lube called Silicone RV Lube which was suggested by Techno RV. I haven’t tried it yet, but hopefully this will do the trick.
Suerenity
2012 24RB “The Breeze”
M&MAustin

Post by M&MAustin »

We have the same problem. Ours does not have a lock on it so that's no help.

My ugly but cheap and functional temporary fix is a strip of blue tape over the handle. Works for the 3-4 days in between tank dumps.
Matt & Marie Baker
2013 26' Mobility

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”