Michelin Agilis tires

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

lafons

Michelin Agilis tires

Post by lafons »

Any one using the new Michelin Agilis rv tires? Or has anyone talked to anyone using them on a class C ? They have been available about a year now. :?
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
perleys

Re: Michelin Agilis tires

Post by perleys »

I asked that same question on a post with the titled " Post subject: Re: Michelin Defender - Any feedback?" and didn't get any response. I am planning on replacing my tires this spring and was trying to learn more about whether the Agilis would be a better option. I will watch to see if you get any response.
John S.

Post by John S. »

When I needed to replace my steer tires I asked and they suggested continentals steer tires up front instead of Michelins. They have the edges with solid rib of rubber and will last longer they said and it is not four wheel drive so the deep grooves also will move rain water better. I have the F550 so that might make a difference too.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

John S., who are “they” that you asked?
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

My opinion is that tread life of tires you choose to put on a motorhome should not be a choice issue. Since you should replace the tires every 5 years anyway, any tire you will have installed will probably have a lot of unused tread remaining.

I am currently on my 3rd set of Firestone Transforce HT tires at 115,000 miles on my 2002 BF 26'RSB coach with so far no problems, flats or blowouts.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

OMG! Tire discussions again. Regular as clockwork this subject (along with mileage) comes up over and over again. Really! There may be some brand differences but the most important thing is to care for tires. Proper inflation, alignment and rotation. Plus a tire monitoring system.

Here is a definition of agilis:

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/agilis
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Suerenity

Post by Suerenity »

I purchased the Agilis Crossclimate this June, mainly because they were the only ones that were discounted through FMAC. It was a very good discount too, so I went with them. There’s a great local tire shop here and the 2 owners have a combined experience of more than 65 years in the business. I respect their knowledge. I purchased the tires through Michelin and they were shipped to the tire shop because they are an authorized Michelin dealer participating in the FMAC tire discount program. I had dropped the BF off early in the morning to have the install done. So I never met the owner. When I returned to pick up, he specifically asked me why I went with the Agilis. He said if I would have asked him, his recommendation would have been either the Michelin Rib or LTX. He explained that this recommendation is because of the climate in Texas. He went on to say that the Agilis won’t last as long on the hot Texas roads. Since the tires were already ordered, delivered and installed it was all moot. However, I’ll be back for a rotation at 5k miles and see what he says then.
Suerenity
2012 24RB “The Breeze”
lafons

Post by lafons »

Well I just installed 4 new agilis LT tires on the rear of my born free so I’ll let you know what I think after a while. I still have a relevantly new set of Michelin Defenders on the front.
A word of caution, one of my Borg long valve stems was dangerously close to wearing through where it had been rubbing on a wheel cover or rim even with the rubber center installed.
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
whemme

Post by whemme »

No way should it be possible for the wheel rim itself to rub on a Borg metal valve stem. It is possible that a wheel cover could shift position enough to rub if it is not securely mounted to the wheel rim via the two wheel cover nuts.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
lafons

Post by lafons »

Update , I just finished a 2000 mile trip with the new tire and they did well. So far I like them, they are smooth and quite.
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
perleys

Post by perleys »

Thanks for the update Steve! Glad they are working out.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”