Sync electric door lock with remote?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Vlamgat

Sync electric door lock with remote?

Post by Vlamgat »

Has anyone done this? I had to replace my HDC-008 key pad and despite many attepts following the instructions, the original remote will not sync to the new pad. Is there a trick to it? One of the challenges says that the process must be accomplished within 5 seconds of turning the power "ON". But on our BFs, the power is always ON. So i tried disconnecting the pad, reconnecting and then exercising the process within 5 seconds but that too did not result in the remote learning the code.
Vlamgat

Re: Sync electric door lock with remote?

Post by Vlamgat »

Just to close this out: You have to trigger the Start sequence of the Key Pad by removing it from the door; remove the power wire;then: Reconnect the power wire then press 1/2 AND 9/0 AND any button on the remote ALL within 5 seconds. The door lock will lock or unlock to signify a successful coding. Important that the pus button sequences are all accomplished within the SAME 5 seconds, something that is not clear from the instructions.
John S.

Post by John S. »

Thanks
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Geez, who designed that? Thanks for the info.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”