Marshall Brass 2 Stage LP Regulator

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

SeaKing1

Marshall Brass 2 Stage LP Regulator

Post by SeaKing1 »

New owners here with a long list and several questions:
Inspection found “LP (propane) leak test was unable to be performed because the pressure continued to rise beyond 8 inches of water column.”
Looking for source and specifications of a new Marshall brass 2 stage LP regulator.
Has anyone replaced their 24 year old propane regulator?
Do these 29 gallon cylinders need to be tested or replaced?
Kris & Judy Cleveland
Upstate NY
2000 24 RSB
perleys

Re: Marshall Brass 2 Stage LP Regulator

Post by perleys »

My experience is I have been told that my propane tank on my 2004 coach does not need inspected. So far it has passed the propane drop tests at the service center and they said there is not much rust so I haven't had to replace the tank yet. My regulator is still performing ok so I can't answer that question. I know often folks often talk about adding a Tee connection in case you want to use for an outdoor propane grill so you may consider that option if making a change.
SeaKing1

Post by SeaKing1 »

Adding a “T” sounds like a nice addition.
I’ll have to look into that once get a working propane system.
Kris & Judy Cleveland
Upstate NY
2000 24 RSB
SeaKing1

Post by SeaKing1 »

I added up the BTU’s requirements for all appliances (Atwood hot water heater, Dometic refrigerator, Suburban Furnace, and Wedgewood stovetops) and got 50,700 BTU’s.
I doubt we’d ever use everything at once but just in case that number would be the minimum requirements for a 2 stage propane regulator replacement.
Kris & Judy Cleveland
Upstate NY
2000 24 RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”