Tankless hot water heater

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

harrisgowing

Tankless hot water heater

Post by harrisgowing »

We have a 2015 Royal Splendor that came equipped with a tankless hot water heater, a Girard 2nd generation. It has always been a problem and now does not function and parts are no longer available. Our repair person is having difficulty finding a new tankless heater that fits. How anyone had to replace a tankless water heater in our type of coach? A tank heater will not fit for sure. Thank you!
Judy Harris
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
John S.

Re: Tankless hot water heater

Post by John S. »

I did not get a tankless one but they have electric ones that go under a sink or small space for apartments and maybe that would work. I have the small hot water heater under my bed in my Royal splendor
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Thank you, John, that is an idea that we had never heard. At this point we have communicated with the company that now owns Girard and have hopefully found a replacement that will work. We will see in a week or so! If it does not work, we will contact you for more information. Thanks for the idea. Sure would be nice to have dependable hot water again!
Judy Harris
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
John S.

Post by John S. »

Did you find a replacement
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

John, we did! We contacted the company that purchased Girard, the original manufacturer, and were given the replacement model number through a chat! We just had it installed 2 days ago and it appears to work, for a mere cost of close to $1300 But, you really need hot water. We were lucky to find a very good mobile service to help us. By the way, the company never responded to our service guys but did respond to my online inquiry.
Chuck and Judy Harris
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
SeaKing1

Post by SeaKing1 »

We’re interested in the reference number of your replacement water heater.
Kris & Judy Cleveland
Upstate NY
2000 24 RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”