Body mount replacement

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

darrellh

Body mount replacement

Post by darrellh »

We currently are reviewing replacement of body mounts as they are in bad shape
Has anyone done this ?…on 26rsb ….seems like it should be accomplishable ….suspension shop concerned they would have to remove interior parts ( nonstarter for us )
Thanks
whemme

Re: Body mount replacement

Post by whemme »

My opinion is that replacing the body mounts would be a difficult undertaking. The fiberglass coach body would need to be lifted to accomplish this work. That means that the cab over part of the body would also have to be separated from the top of the chassis cab. My opinion is that replacing the body mounts would be a difficult undertaking. The fiberglass coach body would need to be lifted to accomplish this work. That means that the cab over part of the body would also have to be separated from the top of the chassis cab. I would recommend calling Kuhn Truck and RV in Sherwood, Ohio and get their opinion on this work. Service department phone 419-899-2020
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
darrellh

Post by darrellh »

Thank you for response ….I will reach out ….I really would have thought would have been a projected maintenance need and hence replaceable ….they are basically flat and frame on body makes for transfer of divider strips “hits”on highways constant ,,,just about drives you insane
whemme

Post by whemme »

Please post back what you learn from your discussion with Kuhn.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”