On-board air compressor

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Travelin Two

On-board air compressor

Post by Travelin Two »

We recently purchased a 2004, 24RB. I have been going over the thing and fixing things that need fixing. While snooping around the generator, I discovered a compressor mounted on the chassis frame just forward of the generator and right under the drivers' seat. I have looked high and low for a control switch and a quick coupler somewhere and have found nothing. The rig does have air bags but they are not plumbed into that compressor. Their charging lines go to a set of Schrader valves just ahead of the driver-side rear tires. I have not yet had time to really follow out the 12v wires and the compressor lines, so I thought someone here may have the same set-up and can save me a bunch of sliding around under there. Thanks ahead of time for any help.
John
John S.

Re: On-board air compressor

Post by John S. »

I have had three born frees and none of the had a compressor.
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.
ebaron

Post by ebaron »

Our 2008 has the Schrader valves ahead of drivers side tires, but those lead to the airbags. I added a compressor to be able to fine tune suspension height or handling on changing roads. The airbag change in height on our 27’ long unit is really not that great though, so having an on board compressor is just a convenience. I had an extra leaf added to our units rear springs which was a huge improvement and that may be why airbags don’t provide much height change.
I’d look closer to confirm that compressor does not connect somewhere to airbags or maybe it did in the past. My compressor control is a 2 sided airgauge with integrated compressor switch and line bleed.
Ed
2008 27RSB
Travelin Two

Post by Travelin Two »

I guess the air compressor is not a factory option. The previous owner must have installed this. Whoever did it picked a decent one. It has a small air tank mounted right next to it. I will run the rig up on some ramps to give me a little more room and chase down where all the wires and air lines go. Thanks for the responses fellas.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”