Condensation

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Winnie Markarian

Condensation

Post by Winnie Markarian »

We've been experiencing condensation in our 26RSB
I've put all the extra blankets and sheets in plastic bags in the cab over. We had a leak that BF repaired. BUT we still find that the plastic bags are damp. Leaving the cupboard doors open seems to help a bit. It has been cool in Georgia where we are "wintering" so the heat has been on frequently. Even the boxes of cereal in the side overhead cabinets are damp. When we go to bed we open those cabinets, too. Has anyone had similar problems - if so - how have you dealt with it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Your might try leaving a window cracked open or the roof vent open. People living and sleeping in an RV create a lot of condensation through breathing, cooking, and showering. The only way to get rid of it is to exhaust it to the outside.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Sab & Ann

Condensation

Post by Sab & Ann »

Hi Winnie,
Using a forced air gas furnace should keep your unit very dry. You should use your exhaust fan when showering and crack open your overhead vent when cooking for a long duration.
You said that you had your leak fixed at the factory. We had to make three trips to the factory to finally fix our water leak.
I would suggest that you call Kim Olsen at 800-247-1835 and ask his opinion.
Sab & Ann
2000 RB, E450
Hike

Post by Hike »

I live in my unit in Oregon so leaving a window cracked doesn't help at all since the humidity outside is usually 100%. What I found works great here where it rains all winter is to use electric heat along with the gas furnace. Use the heat strip in your air conditioner if you have one or a small electric heater. Solved all my problems with high humidity. :D

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”