New to Born Free-Branson, MO Trip

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Larry Nordby

New to Born Free-Branson, MO Trip

Post by Larry Nordby »

Hi All,
We recently acquired our first RV, a 2002 26' RB Casual Elegance from the factory in Iowa. The Born Free became our RV of choice after considerable research and many test drives. Quality, factory support, design/structural integrity and ease of operation all pointed to this decision. My wife and I appreciate the level of fit and finish and ccc more important than lesser units with slides. I consider the Born Free to be the 'Foretravel" of the Class C's.

Now, having completed a trip to the Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX for New Years Eve, we are headed to Branson, MO the 1st of April. We are looking for suggestions on RV Parks. We don't tow and want to stay in a park that has shuttle service available, yet is scenic, clean and safe. We welcome any suggestions and advice that some of you 'Veteran Travelers' would care to offer.

Happy trails and thanks for your help!!!
whemme

RV Campgrounds in Branson, MO

Post by whemme »

Larry Nordby,

My wife and I have stayed twice at the American Best Campgrounds in Branson, MO. Their website address is as follows: http://www.abc-branson.com

We found this RV park located north of Branson to have good facilities and was in good condition.

Then last year, 2006, our Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club had their every two year National Convention at the Branson KOA RV Resort which at the time was located south of Branson on the south side shores of Lake Taneycomo. This KOA campground has now evidently been relocated closer to Branson but still located on the south side. Their website address is a follows: http://koa.com/where/mo/25161/

Since the KOA campgrounds has been relocated, I can't really comment on it now.

If you do a website search of RV campgounds near Branson, MO, you will get lots to choose from!
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
John S.

Campgrounds

Post by John S. »

First of all we too consider BF to be the Foretravel of the Class C market. We own both. As to where to stay wel liked Musicland. It was the closest CG to where we were going and we could walk to a couple shows and to dinner. Depends on how long you are going ot stay there though. I know the sites are a bit tight for the bigger MH but yours is small enough that you should have no problem getting in or out. THey have tree filled sites in the middle of hte town.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”