New Wood Shelf Addition

This forum is for Born Free owners to detail modifications that they have made to their coach that might be of interest to other owners. Since this is a locked forum, submissions must be made to and approved by the forum administrator (email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org).
jobrien

New Wood Shelf Addition

Post by jobrien »

AT times we sit in the dinette area chairs, but due to space we do not want to put the table down. While the built in glass holders are nice, they of course do not allow coffee mugs, and a place for a small plate.

I found a piece of white oak at Lowe's approx. 24"x6"x1/2" I cut the top to be 19", and had enough left over to make (2) 2 1/2" pieces for the ends. No waste at all. I used pocket holes to attach the end pieces to the top, and 4 small foam pads to hold it tight and prevent rattles.

I put 3 coats of poly on it to prevent stains, and it just about matches the existing wood. I am starting to do some wood burning, and if I get good enough, I may attempt to burn a picture of my Born Free or maybe the Leap'n Lions logo (if it's not a copyright violation) into the top. But that's a future project. Have to make sure this works first.
Attachments
Side view sitting on existing area.
Side view sitting on existing area.
born free 002 506X380.jpg (46.18 KiB) Viewed 9021 times
side view of shelf showing pocket holes.
side view of shelf showing pocket holes.
born free 003 506X380.jpg (73.6 KiB) Viewed 9022 times
top view.  White spots are sunlight coming through the shade.
top view. White spots are sunlight coming through the shade.
born free 001 506X380.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 9021 times

Return to “Coach Modifications”