microsuede vs. ultraleather sofabed

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ann P

Post by Ann P »

Hello- I'm looking at the choices for the sofabed and dinette coverings on a new 24 RB model. I've enjoyed my ultraleather sofa and chairs in my current 26 RSB Casual Elegance (which I bought used), but am not thrilled with paying more for them in a new model, which won't have the CE upgrade. So I wondered if anyone has the microsuede covers , or the newer cloth types : are they comfortable, do they feel hot ,are they easy to clean? I'm not sure if the microsuede has been available in BF til now, whereas the ultraleather seems to be a proven winner . Comments, please.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Ann;

Having dogs, I find the ultraleather the best. Just wipe the dog hair off, and dirt just cleans off with a little soap.

We had cloth in my Bounder, and it took a long time to vacuum the hair out of the fabric. Have no experience with the suede type material.

We keep our couch covered with double size fitted sheets. Shake them out every day, and put a clean one on every few days when we are out for an extended time, or if it's been raining, dirty, etc.

John
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

John,

How do you keep your double sheet from slipping off the sofa? I've tried a variety of "fixes" but everything seems to slide or get bunched up. Do you use one sheet for both the seat and the back?

We travel with dogs, don't have dog hair issues, but like to keep it covered for dirty paws.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Linda;

We use a fitted bottom sheet with the elastic around it. It does still slide down off the back, but the seat stays covered. I believe it is a double bed size, and just one covers both the back and seat.

On this past outing we stopped at WalMart and bought a set of the little straps that have clips on both ends. I don't know the proper name for them, but they are meant to hold the sheets on the bed. They clip on to the sheets at the corners.

Whatever they are called, we bought 2 sets. Put one of the straps on each top corner of the couch, and gathered up some of the material in the center across the back and put another one there. In essence we made the top back part of the sheet fit tighter. That did help to keep it from sliding down.

My dogs are 60 and 80 pounds and pretty much sit still on the couch when we drive. They don't jump around and get on and off pretty gently.

Works pretty good, when we want to sit on the couch, just take the seat part of the sheet, fold it up against the back, and the couch is clean.

Come to think of it, we also have 2 microfiber mats on the couch, which might also keep the sheet from sliding a bit.

John
Attachments
The babies on the couch
The babies on the couch
dogs on couch.jpg (74.14 KiB) Viewed 6601 times
Ann P

Post by Ann P »

Well, I burst out laughing when I saw those 2 dog buddies on the bed- what a great shot! I have to agree that the ultraleather is the easiest thing to clean and now I have a new idea about keeping the sofabed covered with a fitted sheet. However, Curlie Sue claims the passenger seat as hers when traveling (wish I could tun off the airbag; that's a concern) I still hope to hear from people about the microsuede fabric. If I splurge for the ultraleather sofabed, that's $990, and matching dinette chairs are $2,120, ouch. I definitely want the faux leather cab seats up front, so that's another $600. I'm tempted to get the sofabed in ultraleather and just leave the dinette booths in standard microsuede ,even if they look funny together. Hmm...
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Hi Ann.

Will you be sleeping on the sofabed or will you sleep on a C/O bed? We loved the ultraleather sofa and chairs in our 24RB, because it was so easy to clean. We slept on the sofabed and used a Travasak, but the ultraleather was "slippery" and the Travasak kept "crawling." So, we bought one of the pillow top "upholstered" memory foam mattress pads at Camping World, which was placed on top of the sofabed and under the Travasak. That stopped the "crawling," because the mattress pad had a non-slip backing.

Hope your travels have been going well. Oreo says "Hi" to Curly Sue. Okay I lied, Oreo just hissed, but we say "Hi" to Curly Sue. She is such a sweet puppy!! Give her a tummy rub for us.

Barbara

Note to Jobrien: I call those corner straps "bed garters." We use them on our beds at home and in our MH.
Barbara & Ken

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”