bad news good news

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jerseypete

bad news good news

Post by jerseypete »

The bad news: My attempt to get the 26RSB in FL did not work out, and I don't really know why?????. Thanks to all who helped me on that. However, the good news: I have been working with Jim Purdum, who is selling his rig on RVTrader. Its close to me, in New Milford Pa. I'm going to see it on 1/7. Its a 2005BF26'RSB, set up for boondocking, stored indoors, upgraded entertainment system, lots more, for 57k
As a bonus, if we can agree on a sale, he has relatives a couple miles from where I live, and is willing to drive the rig to me, so he can visit them. The batteries are one year old, but the tires are original. Probably have 15 or 20k miles left on them. Also, he has a manual Sat. dish, which I would like to upgrade, (any suggestions)? I would like to get set up to use my laptop. Anyone who knows about how to set up the tv and laptop please help me.
What a way to start the year, huh?
bill crommett

26 RSB- used

Post by bill crommett »

Two things: Check with Billl Hemme about the converter.
For your laptop, get a Verizon air card.
jerseypete

verizon air card

Post by jerseypete »

Thanks, Bill, I'll look onto it. I also asked Bill to help with the conversion
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Pete;

Sometimes things work out for the better. Buying one closer to home makes it easier to work out the details.

Jim's writeup under our "For Sale" category makes his rig sound very nice. And having him nearby to ask questions of could also work to your advantage.

Good luck with your purchase.

If it works out, we'll have to have an early spring campout in NJ.

John
jerseypete

campout

Post by jerseypete »

Hey John, an early spring campout sounds real good. Thanks for the well wishes, lookin forward to hooking up with you and Maureen. Nice to know you are in the area, Pete
Mel Wilbur

Rigs

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Hey John and Pete, what exactly is a "rig"? I cannot find anything in my Websters dictionary that remotely resembles my Born Free Coach. Also the Born Free address is listed as Born Free Motorcoach, Inc. and not Born Free Rigs, Inc.

OK, I do know that Caravan companies refer to rigs as they cater to most any type of RV but I am still gonna refer to our RV as a coach or motorhome. Just my personal hangup so don't bother sending me nasty notes. Happy New Year.
Mel & Connie
Dave&JanPotter

Re: bad news good news

Post by Dave&JanPotter »

jerseypete wrote:The batteries are one year old, but the tires are original. Probably have 15 or 20k miles left on them.
Just a point that you glossed over rather quickly. RV tires usually fail due to age rather than tread wear. There are some excellent postings elsewhere in this forum on the subject but the gist is that you are wise to replace them after 5-6 years or so regardless of treadwear/mileage. Your perspective coach is a 2005 model year which was probably built on a 2004 chassis with tires made in 2004. This means that the tires are probably due to be replaced in 2009 or 2010. I know I plan on replacing mine (on a 2005 BFT) in 2009. I hope this coach works out for you. It sounds like a nice one.
jerseypete

tires

Post by jerseypete »

Hey Dave and and Jan and Zoey, good pickup on the tires. Because of you they will be replaced next year.
bill crommett

Mel W.

Post by bill crommett »

It looks like Mel is off to a great new year, with being on the muscle on the first day after the late night partying. Let him enjoy his "Motorcoach" and the rest of us can enjoy our "rigs".
Bill
jerseypete

Mel W.

Post by jerseypete »

Now Mel, why would you think we would write you a nasty reply? We are so harmless we wouldn't even harm that fly on our hand, camera closeup, fade away slowly.
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

I have to agree with Mel. The Born Free is a masterfully designed and manufactured motorcoach . . . or motorhome if you prefer. But it's not a "rig."

Happy New Year, everyone!! :D

Barbara
Barbara & Ken
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary:

Main Entry: rig
Function: noun
Date: 1822
1: the distinctive shape, number, and arrangement of sails and masts of a ship
2: equipage; especially: a carriage with its horse
3: clothing dress
4: tackle, equipment, or machinery fitted for a specified purpose <an oil-drilling rig>
5: a tractor-trailer combination

If you think your Born Free motorcoach fits the description above, then the use of rig to describe it is appropriate.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
jerseypete

masterfully designed motor rig

Post by jerseypete »

Just wanted to scream and shout I bought Ron Purdum's Born Free today!!!!!!!. He has kindly decided to drive it down to Rio Grande NJ tomorrow from the mountains of Pa. We spent the day together going over everything, half of which I forgot already. Ron and his wife and son took me to lunch, and are very gracious people. A throughly enjoyable and educational experience today. Ron will stay available as I work out kinks of learning to use the coach/rig, and I know I can depend on you guys and gals to help me through my apprentice ship.
Thanks to all who responded, you too Mel
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Covfam

Post by Covfam »

Im happy for ya! and i know how ya feel... my hunny and i bought ours wensday and drove it home! when ya get a chance take some picks and show your baby off! :) you can see our lil built for two a few posts down :) hope you have many good experiences with your motorhome!
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Pete,

Congrats, there is no doubt that you will enjoy your new "coach" in the months to come. What a great belated Christmas present, definately worth waiting for. Hope you have enough funds left to join the Leap'n Lions, and join us at some of our rallies and caravans.

Best of luck and safe travels.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”