windshield cleaning made easy

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

hrgermany

Post by hrgermany »

I allways had problems reaching my windshield to clean it.I installed a
Fold-aWay bumperstep on my front bumper.Now I can reach my wind shield easy.
And what a surprise:it is made in good in "Good Old USA"
It can be bought directly from the factory inKentucky
(800) 443-8165

Hans Rueckert
1995 BT 26 RSB
jerseypete

bumper step

Post by jerseypete »

Hans, I looked on the web site and found the bumper step page. I am unable to determine which step you got. Can you please give me a name or number I can look up, or ask for? Thanks, pete
hrgermany

Post by hrgermany »

The fold a way step that I got for my 1995 BF is a #70709.It fits in the middle of the bumper were the licence plate mounts.The licence plate mounts in front of the step.

Hans Rueckert
1995 BF 26 RSB
jerseypete

step bumper

Post by jerseypete »

Hey Hans, I wanted to thank you again. Just got back from a trip and ordered the step bumper you recommended, pete
BFrees

Post by BFrees »

Hans & Pete,

Have been reading your posts with much interest and decided to order one for myself. It arrived today, weather is mild (in the 60's) so I decided to install it. Just got done. Took about one hour. I have a 2002 Born Free on a 2000 Ford E-450 chasis. The front license plate on my vehicle sits low on the drivers side front bumper. In other words it is NOT in the middle of the bumper, therefore I had to drill two 1/4 inch holes in the bumper for mounting. Fold-a-way made me aware that I would have to do this when I placed the order. It really was no problem. The longest part of the whole process was measuring everything up to make sure the step would be dead center on the bumper. Can't wait to get the winter cover completely off and hit the road. Tried the step out and I can already tell that it really is going to make cleaning and maintenance a heck of alot easier. Thanks for the suggestion, it worked out well.

Ed Coyle
Ed & Ann Marie
2002 24' RSB
jerseypete

bumper step

Post by jerseypete »

That's Great Ed, thanks for the heads up. See you down the road, pete
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I know I'm getting old, but I don't see a web site mentioned. Where did you order them from? Direct from the company or through another source?

Thanks

John
jerseypete

web site

Post by jerseypete »

Yes John, you are getting old, but in this case you still have "it". Web site is JC Whitney.com Not case sensitive. Put in ZX129398N in search. This will show the unit I purchased.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

IS this the same one for $20 less;

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index.asp ... rodID=2037

John
jerseypete

bumper step

Post by jerseypete »

No, John, if you go to the site as I listed it you will see why it is different, pete
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

John, looks like the same one to me. Its a Fold-A-Way mod. #70701. And if at $73 it is $20 cheaper than the manufacturer's website, then it is a good deal.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

The license plate mounting location on my 2001 BF (Where I understand you install this item) is offset, nearer the left side of the vehicle than the right. If mounted there can you easily reach the right side of the windshield?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
jerseypete

bumper step

Post by jerseypete »

Hey Dallas, if you read BFREES post above, you will see your answer. Good luck, Pete
hrgermany

Post by hrgermany »

for those who want to buy front bumper step-make sure you buy the one that is made out of aluminum.The plastic one is cheaper,but not to good.
I think they dont make that any more.The best is buy it factotry direct.

Hans Rueckert
1995 BR 26 RSB
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I don't see anywhere in this thread where the Fold-A-Way Bumper Step manufacturer's website is linked, so here it is:

http://www.foldawaystep.com/

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”